Should I delete all my social media accounts?

Like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, Instagram, and GAG?

I mean, if I don't use them often, then what's the point of having them?

• Yessss
  • NOPE.
  • BANANAAAAAAA!
  • bruuhh show me the results now!

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly I could issue a "Please don't go, I would miss you" plea but I decided to analyse it instead. My own position in social media is I am a regular user of GaG, I have a stagnant FB account that I barely use because I find it boring and I used Instagram once. I have used other forums. For the purpose of this opinion we are talking about GaG because it is the only one I currently use.
    Next a couple of statement of facts, social media is essentially an interest/hobby/pastime. You control your accounts, they don't control you.
    Now compare and contrast the positives and the negatives.
    (1) Community/friendship - There is a huge social element on the site. Every friend you have met is a new friend just think back to your most recent new friend.
    (2) Recognition - I have you at 16.2k Xper not far of a Guru and I think you would like being a Guru maybe even in a Master. You are already an Uber Mod so heavily invovled on that side.
    (3) You are constantly learning things maybe you don't notice it but you are. Probably not dry facts at an emotional level - Think of how you have seen some users change, I myself am much calmer since talking on GaG.
    (4) You do genuinely help people - You couldn't have had thousands of conversations without helping some people
    (5) Time well spent - Anything that makes you a better person is a good thing.
    Lets look at downside
    (1),(2) and (4) can generate unwanted attention. I get unwanted attention mostly well intentioned but it is not my thing ( we will say agony aunt syndrome ). That being said young girls may get a different kind of well intentioned attention. Also the not so well intentioned creeping but thankfully I am not a target of that, I am sure young girls can't say the same. Then you have the haters fortunately all mine are named so I can block. Unfortunately some of yours is anon so you can't block.
    The downside of (3) sometimes you learn things you don't want to quite often in the Sexual Behaviour topic and you disappoint some people when you don't want to argue.
    The flip side of (5) is it can be time consuming and if any of bad 1-4 gets you down it is not good.
    (I am going to run out of space before conclusion, will post a opinion comment to finish off)

• What are your options
      (1) Stay the same
      (2) Leave
      (3) Change your usage
      - Just message your friends
      - Go anon
      - Deactivate and start new a/c poss anon
      - Take loads of breaks
      - Study the site to pick out what usage pattern suits you best.
      I will just tell you my expierence I have considered all those options especially when I hit 46k and thought I would get a lot of attention as a Master but I took a break for a week and felt better. I realised a lot of the benefit of GaG is stuff you don't think about. Now I realise being a master is an honour and I can adjust my usage to suit whenever I want plus take breaks when I need them.
      Finally if you delete your social media accounts, a lot of your friends will miss you.

• Can't argue with that.

• Thanks for MHG

Most Helpful Girl

• I've considered it, but I can't. I have like 10 or maybe even more social media accounts (yeah I know it's crazy).

I need facebook for my class group. As for snapchat, I use it to chat with my friends. I keep my tumblr and pinterest for pretty pics, instagram for checking out cool places post by many travellers across the globe. Whatsapp for fast and easy communication, kik for my gager friends. I don't know why I'm still having wechat, line, weheartit, twitter and askfm tho. Probably gonna deactivate them all soon. As for gag, I don't know, maybe I'd consider to deactivate it soon, or maybe not.

What Guys Said 17

• If you use the other accounts as little as you use G@G, then honestly, you would die after one day without them.

• die? how? :P

• because you are on G@G most of the time. So if you spend that much time on the other accounts, if you delete them you would die of boredom without something to do.

• They're a modern way of being in touch with people... the only thing you shouldn't do is post things that are too personal. To avoid they could ever be abused :o
    And you're an asset to this site :D
    You have a good heart you know, a caring community like GAG needs nice people like you!

• Keep your profiles, just to keep your username and history of friends and posts.

I have every social media site imaginable, but im not ALWAYS on them. :-P

• but what's the point of keeping them?

• To check on them occasionally. You want to keep your user name locked down just in case u want to return to them later!

• http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63338331.jpg
    Ok you can delete all your social media accounts except G@G, you even think about deleting your G@G account and I'll tell your mommy.

• You sound like a nice girl i would miss you if you left
    i think you feeling down cause i do the same thing so
    i hope you will stay on GaG

• I deleted all myn, so i'm inclined to say yes.

• I've deleted everything except Twitter. Feeling awesome. I'd deleted WhatsApp too but returned to it.

• trust me you'll be glad you wiped out personal social media sites for lots of reasons later on, if you are outside of that phase... nuke them all thoroughly and dont look back =)

• All of them but gag and facebook, since I talk to you on them obviously.

• If you don't use them, why delete them?

• Yes exactly unless its to help promote your business or whatever than I see no point in them.

• Don't leave me baty 😢😢

• CUZ THEN WE'D ALL MISS U!

• Not using them anymore then delete them

• You need more kitty photos. You can't have enough of them which is the whole reason Facebook was invented. They should rename it KittyBook.

• You're on GAG, constantly

• I was on board until you said GAG...

What Girls Said 13

• ok i voted C because... well.

but honestly, u should delete the ones that are the least useful to u, if that's what u wanna do. GAG IS OBVIOUSLY NOT ONE OF THEM. ur a great member here and we still need u around.

anything else really depends on how much time u spend on it, or if u feel ur getting anything from it.

• I did, I deleted most of them, except Pinterest. I don't go on it much, but tbh I don't use it to communicate with others. I just go on from time to time for inspiration and ideas. I pretty much only use G@G. But But Facebook, Tumblr and stuff... it's so freeeeeing!

• sure why not? what's the point of having them if you're not gonna use them anyways

• I really want to do this holy crap. I get so sick of the whole fake friends thing on all of my social media. It's not real life too.. I just don't because I'll get bored and I like the creative outlet/venting

• if you don't enjoy then okay... but you do use GaG.. that i do know.. lol

• yes girly! but sometimes I take too long to reply to people -.-

• Well then chose your favorite one.. and deactivate the rest. 😊

• I'm thinking of deleting my snapchat

• we can both delete those at the same time :P

ok ready ready lol

• I don't have you on snapchat? :(

can I die now? :(

• Oh babe! No point! I have you on email and that counts. I'll tell the girls it will be deleted soon anyways.

• NOOOOOOOO @cl_517, just saw This NOW... Do not make this Mistake, instead Take your Break and feel it Out first by doing some serious soul searching. I am missing you already here, dear.
    Good luck and blessings. xx

• Social websites are poison in reality

• i wouldn't delete

• Don't leave! 💔💔💔

• NOOOOOOO DON'T LEEEEAVE MEEEEE!!! :( :( :( :( </3 </3

• Please don't go away. ❤

• I won't at least not from here! I'll miss you too much babes <3

• Yay💕 Deezy loves her some Rissy. 😊

• Yesss dooo it😝