What is tinder mainly used for?

Is tinder used strictly for sex? I have known people to just go on there for casual hookups and nothing serious. Purely wanting to build up their f-buddy list. Why would some guys want to do that instead of being with a great girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's mostly used for sex. Some guys like having sex casually and even if he's having sex casually that doesn't mean the girl he's having sex with casually isn't a great girl.

• He's having sex with different girls from there, I guess just to have sex. We met through friends, he hit on me for awhile saying all this stuff. I went to visit he was amazing. We had sex while I was there but I'm home now. We both live in other states. We talk everyday for the most part. He's not ready for anything because he was cheated on. And every time we get sexual over texts he needs to stop because he says it torturing him. I know we aren't together yet and he's in another state but why have sex with all these other girls when a good ones right here.

• Not so much jealous because I know he's going to do it since we live in other states. I guess just the fact that' before when he hit on me he said all these things like I'll be his girlfriend etc and he treated me like I was when I was there, but not being ready for anything yet maybe he just scared or wants to have fun before getting back into it.

• Uh huh.

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of guys like to sleep around and dont care for the responsibility of a relationship.

Tinder isn't strictly used for sex though
    Some people... usually girls want something more
    And some people use it to advertise their bussiness

Its what you make of it

• Yup. I met this guy through friends he lives in another state. He initiated flirting first saying this stuff. Went to visit it was amazing week. We did have sex. He's not ready I r anything yet. He's been cheated on and doesn't trust. We talk daily and sometimes sexual but he says its torture bc I'm so far but I hear he does the tinder thing just for sex which bugs me out.

• He wasn't interested in pursing anything serious with you. They'll put on a sob story to cover their tracks 😒

• He wasn't the one to tell me about the cheating it was my friend who actually did and said that it completely ruined him to all levels. He was the one who just told me about the trust issue when I was home. He said he is learning and trusting me. Before I went to visit he sent me flowers and told me he really liked me and all this other stuff about being girlfriend and what not. While there is was pretty wonderful. He treated me like his girlfriend calling me babe kissing/holding hands in public. Like I said I'm home now we tak everyday he thinks I'm amazing. Just lost as to why all this before and now what scared

What Guys Said 3

• No, it's used for dating. I've had dates and short term flings from it.

"Why would some guys want to do that instead of being with a great girl?"

Srsly?

• A lot of people will say "Oh, it's strictly for hooking up!"... except the problem is the vast majority of girls on there don't want to hook up, they'll write things like "Swipe left if you're looking for a hook up (which basically means decline)", I've met only a small minority of females that wanted to just have sex.

• Tinder is realistically used for hooking up with the best possible human being a person could find in their local area. They may start out innocent but with the reputation behind Tinder, people know what is really up and they say they may be looking for a real relationship but if a "hot" specimen matches their way they won't mind dabbling in the dirty side of Tinder at all.

What Girls Said 4

• basically its used for dating but most people use it to hookup as long as i know

• that's the point of tinder.

• I think for sex, because it's all so superficial... yes/no judging on a picture...

• Im not sure