Do you like poetry?

Do you like poetry?

Do you like poetry?

poetry is golden. Poet miner.🎭

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm doing a double major at university and one of my majors is English literature and linguistics. So naturally, I'm very much into literature, including poetry (both in English and in my native language) :-)

What Girls Said 9

What Guys Said 9

• Yes but more often than not they just come off as pretentious and unimaginative.
    Good poetry is rare.

• you're right

• There is lots of very funny poetry but most of it is what I would call "funny on an academic level". It's not slap stick humor put into verses. It's the type of subtle, smart humor that you can only spot if you analyse the poem and do a close reading of it (and some knowledge about the theme it talks about also helps of course). One example I can spontaneously think of is much of the poetry by Shakespeare. When you read Shakespeare's poetry, you realize that he was an incredibly humorous guy, mocking in particular Petrarchan poetry and the moral and social ideals that were embraced by Petrarchan poets. Or a little later, around the 18th century, there's also a genre called "The mock epic", where poets sarcastically and critically mocked the heroic epics by people such as Milton.

• @BlueCoyote
      More of a nameless contemporary poetry person myself. More relatable I think.

• Couldn't give a toss less about poetry.

This is what I imagine when I hear that a guy writes poetry:
    www.peoples.ru/.../koyczan_5.jpg

• Depends on my humour - I have been known to like it.

• When I love someone, I write also ;)

• Yeah i am big fan of it, i love reading those meaningful words

• SLAM POETRY FUCK YEAH

• Hell yeah, I even made a facebook page of poetry.

• Only for music. Other than that, no. NERDS.

• A lie I could say
    A truth I could recite
    it depends on the poem
    and whether which day or night.