Why am I so sensitive?

why does every little thing or comment someone makes about me hurt my feelings so dearly. Like why does it bother me so much that i think about it for days & weeks?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is the way people are being raise now a days. they are being told they are a victims by one person or another and their advise it to tell them to go complain about it to someone. I remember when we were told to say "sticks and stones can hurt my bones but words will never hurt me" and to stand up for ourselves what happened to those days

Most Helpful Girl

• You are sensitive because you are seeking approval, acceptance, etc from others instead of from yourself. Unfortunately most people are not raised to develop healthy, positive opinions about themselves all on their own. Instead, kids base their self opinion on that of others. Not good. When it comes to who you are, and how you feel, only your opinion matters. So make it a good opinion. You need to be your own best friend. When you really start to get this, really start living your life with this mentality, then what other people say won't bother you a bit. But don't be surprised if you don't get this until you're older. I'd say a vast majority of people don't really start to understand this until their 40s, maybe even later. Something that just comes with age. But you can start working on it now.

What Guys Said 1

• That is a common feeling with many people. It is hard to develop the hide of a rhino. I myself am like that.

What Girls Said 2

• Hormones!!!

• its just your personality. im like that too.