Im confused about religion?

Im confused in religion, Im a christian, I will always be, but how am I supposed to make up my mind of what religion is right. (who I worship isn't called a religion but other people say so) Christians say muslims are going to hell, muslims say christians will burn in hell. I dont want an atheist answer please. Somethings not right here, its hurts my feelings and get me scared and stressed for my life, whats am I supposed to do? I
Im confused about religion!?

Most Helpful Guy

• My best suggestion is for you to read all religious scriptures on an even playing field. For the sake of your own soul, you wouldn't be doing yourself any justice if you have even the slightest ounce of hatred, or prejudice in your heart while trying to go on a spiritual journey. Find what touches your soul the most. Also, as a Muslim, it's not right for Muslims to say who goes to hell and who goes to heaven. We believe that along with intelligence, god gave us rules as human beings, to keep us as human beings (e. g don't steal, don't kill contrary to propaganda in the media). By god's will anyone can go to heaven. It's no human beings place to say who goes there and who doesn't that is gods. Hope my answer could help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Christianity differs from many religions in that for the most part it is a personal relationship with one whom we believe to be the one, true, living God. Whom we through that relationship have experienced the evidence that He is that Living God whom cares and works in our lives.

What it sounds like you are questioning is more the corporate assembly of worshiping God in a church setting. The other issue here is that muslims are not worshiping the same God we as Christians do, Jesus was only a good man, with good ideas to them, not one willing to lay down his life to atone for the sin of those whom accept his payment for it.

Besides the Bible there are two books both by Lee Stroble "The Case for Christ" and "The Case for Faith" both of these helped me in my understanding of how my faith in God fits together. Both books are written from a skeptics point of view with the evidence to answer that skepticism, which is where I was before reading them. These books and the Bible were really the thing which convinced me personally that my relationship with God through his Son Jesus is real. (I became a Christian a little over two years ago, so I'm also new to exercising and experiencing my faith.)

What Guys Said 14

• I answer a lot of questions on Christianity and frequently justify my belief on why it's the most rationally grounded and reasonable belief.

It's common for Christians to question their belief. It's how you progress once you figure the answer out.

You never said what concerns you had but toy could check my answers. Or ask me anything specific

• Observe the world, the people, your reality and follow your insticts.
    What do they say to you?

What's your inner voice when you observe these things?
    Follow your toughts.

Do not borrow from your family/community their believes without analysing them.

• Atheist answering here. Don't follow either religion.

• funny isn't it

there are a thousand gods
    and you dont believe in any of them but one

why that one? who knows. because your parents said so, i guess

• "Im a christian, I will always be" - So you aren't confused.

• You are just gonna have to search for a real answer that proves your religion right. I mean , ask someone who knows about this stuff , for a solid evidence that proves Christianity right. And then you will safe since u know that u r not going to hell in the end. Dont ask them for bed time stories , and cut them off when they start talking about miracles that happened before n stuff. Just tell them that u want a solid evidence. How do u know if u r on the right path? Simple. When u feel that their answers are not enough / u r still not sure of it , it simply means that u r not convinced and here , u know u r on the wrong path.

• You're supposed to blindly continue believe in your religion. Thats what religious people do.
    You know that something is not right and you're not sure about religion then you stop believing in religion generally speaking. Its that simple.

• check this out www.jw.org/.../#

• just dont belive in any Religion is stupid anyway

• Man the hell up.

• That doesn't fix anything, or help at all. I have a question about life, the answer "man up" doesn't not answer anything, and im a girl.

• You don't have to be an atheist to think revealed religion (the kind were someone says God spoke to them specially and gave them a message he gives to no one else) is just people trying to take advantage of others credulity and weakness. God is manifest to everyone in creation, you don't need a guide to find him, just the mind you were born with.

• You are right.
    Christians believe that God has a son "Jesus", and that son was killed by human beings Then, according to Christianity doctrine, God can be born and killed.
    The attributes of God in Christianity is so confusing.

• Start asking questions on both (or all!) religions & thou shalt find the answers! When a religion stresses you out or gets you scared or hurts your feelings; it's time to distance yourself from that religion. You're feeling everything. I hope you find answers and find the right religion. May god bless you :)

• God will guide whoever he wants. Pray to God and ask him to guide you. So that you may see truth and light.

I will pray for you.

What Girls Said 10

• you will believe in a religion most when ur certain that it's the right one. if ur curious, do some research. look for arguments and counter arguments. look at history, tradition, laws, love, etc.

the rest is up to ur own faith and judgement.

• I think religion should make you feel better. Should make you feel peaceful. If you see all bibles of the religions they teach us to forgive and make peace with differences. They based on love. But I think human destruct religions and faith by turning it into violence for their own profit. I'm Catholic and I'm getting along with my Moslem, buddhist friends. We have our differences but we also tolerate them. My advice is just to stop listen to those destructive things.

• you should read about both.. see what you understand more..

• Sometimes it can be confu

• My stupid phone!

As I was saying, sometimes it can be confusing. I think a lot of people get caught up in trying to prove that their religion is better and forget to actually practice it. To me, it's more about your relationship with God. If you feel confused, pray ask for wisdom and understanding. Read your bible. Do a bit of research. If you go to church, maybe voice some of your questions and concerns with your pastor.

• I am christian too. There is not a way to know what is correct and what is not, that is why we base our beliefs in faith
    I think that God is not about religion, is about relationship, so my advice is stop stressing about what is correct and what is not. Having a close relationship with God is amazing, I don't know if you've experienced many things, but I can say that what I have experienced is incredible and can't be explained with words.
    Now, I don't think we can tell who is going to hell and who is not, that is a decision that God will make.

• "Having a close relationship with God is amazing"

i know! im very close with the tooth fairy myself. we always make dental jokes.

• are you suggesting that im not serious and that the tooth fairy isn't real? thats a bit hypocritical isn't it?

• Lolz ok @OnionsNstuff I see what u did there, but I am also sure u know what I meant.

Peace bro. Have a nice day

• The words "Sheol" in Hebrew and "Hades " in Greek are often interpreted as "Hell" but simply mean "the grave"
    The Bible says that the dead are conscious of nothing, so how can someone be tormented in fire if they're not conscious?

• Pagan checking in. Both of them are shit, worship Odin instead.

• They dont say to each other. They get along great in Nazareth which is mainly Arab.

• There is no god. What kind of a god sends people to a place like hell for eternity for a few sins. Choose a wrong religion and you end up in hell, what kind of justice is that. Both religions are load of crap written by men who wanted to obtain wealth and have control over others. Besides you already said you'll always be a christian so even if someone proved Islam, Judaism or Hinduism was the correct religion it wouldn't matter anyway.

• I don't think any is "right". We should all just accept what we all believe.

• Same here :)

Its difficult to say urs is the right one or if another persons is the right one.
      I believe that mayb there is right religion for each person. And as long a they stay good people and true to God. Why does it matter that much?

Christian girl speaking here by the way.

• HookingSwan@ she stated that no one is right... which according to an atheist worldview is consistent.

She then proceeded to say "we should all just accept what we all believe". Which itself is pushing her belief on others that people who believe differently then her that some beliefs are harmful or ones that she views as imposing should forego their beliefs in order for the her to affirm her own.

The reality is EVERY single person has a belief, as shown by the girl that answered thsi question. She equally believes that her opinion should be the affirmed one.

So then... when we have topics of morality or debates on humanism. We have nowhere to go. It's all opinion after all, You have your belief. They have another, this is called subjectivism.

"then what solution do you come forward with?
      Intolerance? And calling others infidels? "

Well even though I never made my beliefs apparent for you to presume anything yet. You implied that "intolerance" is an objectively bad thing...

• according to why? I mean since we should just accept what we all believe. That's just your opnion no better or no worse than someone elses that thinks we should be intolerant. Neither is objectively more right, the same is true for your opinion on calling people infidels.

I actually don't support that idea, i have no basis to but if we follow the logic above then it's all about personal preference. Unless you're imposing a more authoritative certain opinion above someone elses