Why do people hate Islam?

i've read the torah and bible and they both said pretty violent stuff. in the bible it says "I did not come wit peace I came with a sword" Matthew 10:34 and it aslo says horrible thing about women and makes it seem like they're dogs that belong to men. and in the torah it also preaches some violence and says non-jews are animals and other horrible things. and for centuries christians were killing and kicking other jews out of their countries. and jews and muslims were living toghether peacfully in jerusalem until the christians came and persecuted all of them. and in the quran it says don't harm someone because of their religios beliefs and killing one is as if you killed all of the people on earth.

Most Helpful Girl

• all religions have plenty of hate if you go looking for it they all also have plenty of dickheads hiding behind religion as an excuse to be well a complete twat, but all religions also promote peace, i find true Muslims to be some of the kindest people around Islam (if followed correctly) is a religion of peace and so many people forget that and it really bugs me. i see Muslims getting hate from all directions because of some bad eggs. we are taught to believe all Muslims are terrorists because of people committing crimes hiding behind Islam yet we don't see all Christians as members of the kkk
    i dont hate Islam or Muslims, quite the opposite they must have crazy patience to deal with the ignorance.

• Most educated opinion i have seen for a long time, could not agree with more.@litost

• its like you cherry picked what i said to turn it into hate @phoenix98

• Lol don't worry there's no hate there, but I did have to respond I mean you were talking about my religion after all.

Most Helpful Guy

• The RC church helped European countries to conquer the Spice Road and the Silk Road to the Far East.
    Demonizing Islam was part of the RC propaganda during 1000 years.

What Girls Said 8

• if ur seriously going to make this comparison, at least know what ur talking about.
    violence in the bible was so different to violence in the quran, and it's so complex that I'm not even going to begin going into it.

people hate islam because of the dirty reputation fanatics have imposed on it. sad but true.

• I don't hate Islam. I don't really have an issue with religion - believe what you want.

I think what you are trying to ask is why do people dislike the people who believe in Islam, not the religion itself. And the answer for you is mostly terrorists. People here are saying media influence, but I disagree to a degree - the media are reporting on events that have happened, and if the terrorists hadn't done those things, then they wouldn't be reported.

Every religion has it's bad eggs but it does seem to be at the moment the Muslims have the most. But the religion itself I have no issue with.

• i can name 6 christian terrorist groups off the top of my head.

• And I never said other religions were free from terrorists.

• But they are free from media judgement. Do you know whats happening in Myanmar innocent Muslim children women and men are being killed in massive numbers by Buddhist just for being Muslim.

• Because of media influence. Also because of the terrorist groups associated with it, such as Al Queda and ISIS. People are afraid that their countries will be dominated by Islam.

I however have nothing against the religion. I have a friend who is Muslim and she is as sweet as can be. After all, not all Muslims are the same. Some are just regular people.

• Because of media and fucking terrorists. They are just trying to ruin its name.. and they are succeeding..

• I don't. It's the people who take it to extreme and add weird daily practice rules to it. No different to Catholicism.

• I view Islam as a warzone (literally) and I would not want to travel there. I have no personal hatred towards them. I feel sorry for the little children.

• idc about it at all. but I think the Muslim women are gorgeous.

• I hate on all religions so that's my explanation.

What Guys Said 15

• Because one is currently having several radical and violent subgroups, several which are responsible for massive terrorist attacks; the famous one bieng the 9/11 attacks.

Remember that you're judged by how you behave, not by what you CLAIM to do. And currently from the western poit of view, Muslim groups are the more violent ones.

THAT is why mulsims are hated. Not to mention 9/11 has been widely used in USA to throw petrol on the fire of hatred.

• also, looking at history Christianity and Islam has been constantly fighting for controll over the holy land.
      So while it's not an explicit church policy, there exist a clear and open divide between christianity and islam.

This is probably one of the reasons that islam is hated more in highly christian countries (like usa) compared to more secularized countries in the west.

• Jerusalem and religion were the excuse for fighting over the Silk route and the Spice Route , 1000 years ago. Now it's about controlling the oil.

• there are many christian terrorist groups but you will never see them on the news because nobody wants their to be viewed as bad but they love to put down other religions.

• and in the quran it says don't harm someone because of their religious beliefs and killing one is as if you killed all of the people on earth.

I find that kind of hard to believe since Muslims have been embroiled in civil war for what seems like centuries now.

And even now radical Muslims (not all of them) and Christianity as a whole are in a state of I guess you could say cold war, And radical Muslims ( again not all of them ), openly waging war on Jews.

That being said I have nothing against the culture or religion as a whole, but you should be worried about ISIS and the other terrorist groups because they keep gaining, more and more power, equipment and manpower everyday and are becoming a major threat. I have a bad feeling that they aren't going to be much of a minority anymore.

• 😔 unfortunately i think the same

Still they drag us all, non-muslims and muslims through the mud with them.

And the worse is we discriminate against those who have no fault in it too.

• @HookingSwan mhmm, before to long though it's going to be hard to tell innocents from villains.

• "In Shi'a Islam, taqiya (تقیة taqiyyah/taqīyah) is a form of religious lie, or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts, specially while they are in fear or at risk of significant persecution."

Sounds like you need to brush up on your own religious texts, Abdul.

I never understood this "religion of peace" nonsense that gets perpetuated so much. Ironically the "extremists" are the Muslims following their religion correctly.

• I'm not shi'a

• if you followed your religion women would have their head shaved of because they didn't cover it. a women even accuse of having sex before marriage would be stoned. I could go on and on.

• why people hate it? because there is a propaganda war going on, making people scared of muslims in order to give up privacy. also for the oil

• Because they`re believe to see everthing on news, tv.

• Come on, you cannot just judge a religion based on fictional books written on them, can you?
    Well, it says in bible, "Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death"
    Meaning anyone who works on Sunday must be put to death, but do they? No.
    It isn't written in the Quran that you should strap children with explosives and blow them up in public places, but do they? Yes.

Thus, the hatred.

• Look at how life goes on in predominantly Christian vs. predominantly Muslim nations, and get back to me. #realworld

• Because it prevented Steve Jobs from patenting the I-Slam app for I-Phones.

• steve jobs biological dad was muslim and his grandparent were billionaires

• 911 and my other reasons

,,,,,

• many I mean

• 9/11 happened after the West helped mjaheddeen to fight the Afghan govt and after the West started starving Iraq (MDW lies) , after the El Shifa bombing.

• And after the West created a void in Iraq and Libya, that void was filled by war lords , using the arms we gave fighting groups.

• Most hate comes from fear. As many people in the west are afraid of the acts that the media portrays, Islam becomes an easy target for hate groups.

• Mostly due to bombings and killings they're doing within their countries hopefully more middle eastern women come to the U. S 😁

• What! islam doesn't have a nationality. there are european muslim countries African muslim countries Asian muslim countries and south American muslim countires.

• look i get that ur some kinda clown, but not everything is a joke. that's kinda stretching it.

• What is that supposed to make me stop? Religion is not the thing wrong here it's the people...

• Because most christians either don't read their book or ignore its teachings everyday.

• well least i dont have to worry about my head in most christain dominated countries

• and which countries are those.

• @jacquesvol

Hahahaha good point with that, well made point XD

• In Christian dominated countries in Africa, you might get in trouble if your sexual preference isn't the Christian politically correct preference. www.nytimes.com/.../04uganda.html?_r=0

If Christians got their way in the US we'd see more of this: www.theguardian.com/.../california-lawyer-shoot-the-gays-proposal-2016-ballot

• You don't even understand the meaning of those Scriptures, Don't ya? You just read the literal meaning and find something you think is horrible and try to judge all Christianity right? Trust me you have done worst than a Christian on earth.

• And how have I done worse than any christian?

• This is what you done worse to the Christianity and any Christian, Judging !

• I don't hate Islam but I have less respect for it than Christianity or Judaism orHinduism or Buddhism. I classify it with Mormonism and Scientology as a religion which was obviously made up deliberately by somebody for their own advantage.