Is it becoming a trend to block people during an argument?

First, it's immature GaG user with fragile egos. Now, I just got blocked by my ex-best friend after hetyped up a huge paragraph of cheek and blocked me right after. Urrgh, I want to find him and smack the shit out of him. Luckily, he didn't block me on his other account so I gave my reply to that one after calling him a "cunt" numerous times. If I didn't get to reply I would of ended up bottling up feelings of rage, so that's good.
Has anyone you know irl/outside of GaG done this to you?

• Yup, happens to me on other social media networks.
  • Nope, never happened to me outside of GaG.
  • Nope, I've never been blocked in the middle of an argument.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use any other social media.. so this happens to me on GaG.. a lot.. they lose an argument.. they block me.. I tell the truth.. they block me... and some just block me for no reason whatsoever.. some girls just leave bad comments on my opinions and then block me so I could not reply back and tag them.. they are such gutless pussies..

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol Its only here that happens dude I got blocked by someone I never spoke to lmfao xD😭😂

• Welll, it seems to be happening to me :( and yeah, you get those users who block you so you don't down vote their opinions hahaha

What Girls Said 4

• That's just how some people argue. They "regress" and cry, or name call or launch personal attacks (e. g., "no, you're a poo poo head; oh yeah? Well, you eat your buggers!"), and basically zone out of the argument and block you out.

Why? Because they either cannot fight or argue properly, or simply admit that they're wrong.

The good news is, when that happens, you know you've won. Victory comes in many forms. Sometimes your opponent surrenders and honorably admits defeat, other times they simply retreat, and other times, they die a dishonorably death as they crash and burn down in flames (as the whole world watches).

The level of embarrassment your opponent subjects herself to, and the level of dignity she's able to walk away with depends on the choices she makes about how to go about admitting defeat (and your level of sadism or generosity, of course).

• I like this answer. My ex-best friend did seem to die a dishonourable death with fireworks of flames and explosions. It was quite a sight, I must admit.

• mmmm, I think this happens more to ANON trollers who have been outed for wanting to waste time arguing but I can't be sure about that... hope that helps

• I honestly, don't fucking know.

• a lot of the times i dont wanna keep arguing or dont wanna hear from that person again ever because usually they have no logic or are just stupid and it's irritating

so i just ignore them i never block lol

What Guys Said 4

• It's a trend on GaG only. I suspect some of the blockers to use more than one profile here. their way of trolling the site.

• Trend? That's only a trend on GAG, typically only on religious debates.

• yeah, mainly Indian girls do this because they think they are princes and men are there sex slaves.

• I've only experienced this on GaG, not on other social media, what a surprise! lmao