Have you ever drank water from bathroom’s tap?

Is it unhealthy?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• One day I was sick in my dorm and had no water
    It was 3am and I was severely dehydrated, so I went to the communal bathroom and probay drink a liter of water from that sink...
    I hope it's not super unhealthy lol

What Girls Said 8

• Oh my gosh no, you shouldn't drink tap water from your sink in the bathroom.

• unhealthy?

• i couldn't o_O

• Oh, okay then.

• I don't see why it would be unhealthy. It is all cool long from the same place. I have drank from it many times and nothing has happened.

• No, I haven't and I wouldn't. It's unhealthy

• Umm am I not supposed to? 😂😂

• Nope never. I don't think it's unhealthy but definitely gross.

• I've done it. I haven't died.

• Definitely have done it many times before.

• sure, often enough. no problem where I live

• it's the same water as everywhere else in the house

What Guys Said 16

• I drank cold water only because it comes from the same pipes as the kitchen. I avoid drinking hot or generally warm water because it comes from the water heater. And many times it stays there stagnant. Therefore bacteria gather. And it's not the clearest thing on earth to drink from.

• I used to have a stigma against it, but after having redone the plumbing in a house, the pipes don't really make a distinction. There isn't a "clean pipe" that runs to your kitchen and a "dirty pipe" that runs to the bathroom. It's all just pipe. The only possible way that a bathroom faucet could be dirty is if someone rubs their butt on it or something, which, when it happens, is surprisingly something that is more likely to occur in the kitchen.

• who rubs their butt on faucets? o_O

• WTF? dat sounds gross :/

• well, yeah. but when you gotta go...

• only in my house. never in public bathrooms.

• Yeah when I was younger and drinking heavy - If you were too drunk to remember to bring water to bed - You wake up with dry mouth and rotten hangover , the kitchen is too far, bathroom tap is next option.

• In a country where the publicly distributed water is potable, it shouldn't be a problem. I've done it in Belgium, the Netherlands, the UK and France and never had the slightest problem.
    Be careful of course in countries where the water is not sufficiently purified to be potable!

• No, not that I remember of.

• It's the same water, the same pipes as anywhere else in your house unless you have a filtration system for some taps and not others.

I hope the people who said not to were joking.

• actually bathroom's water tastes a little bit differently...

• Like I said, unless you have a filtration system on your kitchen tap, any difference in taste is your imagination. Try doing a blind taste test.

• I recall doing it a couple times as a child and I'm still kicking lol, I wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis though that is unhealthy lord only knows what's in the sink tap lol.

• No, in some cases it can provide better oral health than bottled water, as bottled contains less fluoride. But if your at risk at infection etc then drink bottled.. so if your healthy and don't mind the taste, then tap is better.

• At times. But the kitchen tap water is easier to drink what with there being mugs in my reach.

• Yes, when I was pukey drunk... I had to... I'm still alive.

• When i take my pills in the morning.

• No. I have not.

• I did once cause the power ran out and no its just like water from sink.

• I have, but I don't like the tap water in my town, from the kitchen or bathroom

• Every day of my life.