Is this homophobic?

There's this new girl that came to our school. She LOOKS like a boy, she SOUNDS like a boy, she identifies as a boy. I seriously thought she was a boy and I started to like her and she said she wanted to ask me out. I just found out today that she's a GIRL. Because she was wearing a tshirt and I saw her BOOBS. I am so mad because she isn't a guy and I still like her but that's so disgusting because she's a girl too!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Homophobia implies you despise people dating their own gender. If the thought of two guys you have never met dating each other makes you uncomfortable, you might be homophobic. What you've experienced is much more personal: being misled about a crush's gender can be very disappointing, regardless of what views you have on homosexuality. You can be disgusted by the thought of *you* dating another girl and not be homophobic. If the thought of *any* girl dating another girl is disgusting, then you are totally homophobic and should probably read some gay rights columns.

Also, I'd double check to see if she's actually a girl because your evidence sounds a little sketchy.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. She misled. There is actually this documentary about this psycho transgender/lesbian to pretended to be a guy to date girls and basically raped them. You are not homophobic: you are straight who thought you fancied a guy and it turned out to be a girl. I mean, I would find it weird. you are straight and she was posing as a guy.

What Guys Said 4

• It was a misunderstanding but your reaction at the end could be construed as homophobic

• You were not being homophobic until the "that's so disgusting" part. If you don't feel attracted to transgender boys, just don't date them.

• That's not homophobia. You just got pissed due to false alarm. Making you excited for nothin.

• Maybe you're a little homophobic, but I think if someone's a transgender they should let you know. Not have someone fooled.

What Girls Said 4

• No, its not homophobic. U were just misled, that's all.

• It's transphobic, is what it is. If he identifies as a boy, then he's a boy.

• Its not your fault. Honestly , I would be mad too but hey if you want to go for it. She identifies herself as a guy and you say she looks and acts like one so why not

• i dont think it is.