Why are people so rude and harsh on this website?

I just ask a simple question nothing to serious and I get rude and harsh comments on here. And then there are people who condone or support what they do. I don't know if I should be on this website anymore

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the Internet, @Biploarjew02015 so Consider the Source and don't let it get you down. If you Make Big of it, they will just Keep at you, the Ones who are Familiar with you, and it will always be a Full Circle Problem Pattern here, dear.
    I have found that when I discuss sore subjects such as Politics and Religion, I have a few hard nose myself. However, I only Block them if they get Real rude and crude but other than that, I handle them Diplomatically which is why I have I get along with many on GAG and Enjoy what I do in helping Others in Need.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I saw your question and the answers you got didn't escalate the situation. Your bahavior did. You could have chosen to be nice and been like "oh bummer why?" instead of calling people names and cussing them out.

GaG is what you make it. You can choose to make it a positive experience or you can choose to continue making it a negative experience.

• Have you ever considered that some people occasionally tell jokes in a sarcastic manner and that you're perhaps far too sensitive?

While common courtesy and politeness is fine and dandy, it's never strictly required. Bluntness is often useful in text based settings because it saves time.

• I don't know why I feel like this question is kind of cryptic? Lol. Depends on what you asked, asked for, etc. You may not have seen it one way, but others did...

• You've got to have a seriously thick skin on this website. I've been through my ups and downs with it. It's the internet. Bullies are in every corner. I asked a question a long time ago when I first joined that was a harmless question and wasn't meant to be mean or bad or put anyone down and I got so many responses from people on here that were so mean for no reason. I tried defending myself, but I get really flustered and frustrated anything have to do with serious conflict happens and what I'm trying to say comes out as something that I never meant to say or was not planning on saying.

It's common on this site, but there really are plenty of people who are super nice on here. Don't let the assholes scare you away. I didn't. :)

• It's a mixed bag.. Generally people are polite but if they are not just dish it back.. They will back off

• I've always had people be very kind to me here :/

• this site is horrible on so many levels

i left before actually, my stress level was A LOT lower... I don't know why i came back :(

• Self expression :)

• i dont know maybe its because you're a bipolar jew?

jk. I love jews and bipolar people

bipolar people.

I dont know. Their either really nice and sweet or really mean and argumentative. Nothing in between

What Guys Said 8

• media2.giphy.com/.../giphy.gif

Because this ^ lol.

But I'm sorry dude. It just depends who's on and take and interest in what you're posting. A lot of cool people are lurking around gag... takes free wifi to lure them out :).

• Show me an example and i'll tell you why. You could be unconsciously offending them. But remember that people have a lot of hatred in their hearts and want to unleash it at some point or an other for no apparent reasons. No wonder why there are a bunch of hatred in every Youtube Video.

• I asked a question to females on what would they do if I approached them I mean granted I set myself up for that one but this one female heartlessly they she would tell me to fuck off of course I defended myself and gave her a piece of my mind but god damn

• I can mention you to my question and you can read it yourself if you like

• You must be asking the wrong questions. Every question I have asked, or responded to or read have all been nice. Maybe I just have thicker skin than you do and don't let people I don't know make me mad.

• Well it's not matter of being offended It's just aggravates the hell out of me I never did anything to warrant the harshness or rudeness

• Well we as actual sensible posters/users ignore such comments. But dare I say "welcome to the internet"

• Cause internet bro.

• What did I do to you :(

• Cuz it's 2015

• Fight fire with fire, shut them up