Do you think this is fair?

I moved in with a new roommate recetnly, and she is charging me $50 extra a month becuase she furnished the apartment. She said its for wear and tear of the furniture. I am using my own furniture in my bedroom though. The furniture in the apartment is okay (it was hand-me-downs from her parents), but for a 10 month lease thats $500 extra that I'm paying. Also, I'm don't even really use the living room or kitchen furniture (I don't cook, and I don't have time to watch tv). Do you think this is unfair, or is it okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• What was the furniture's value at the beginning and at the end of the lease. Did it change by $500? If it wasn't new to begin with that sounds like a lot unless it is extremely fine furniture. It would make more sense for you to give a deposit against possible damage.

Most Helpful Girl

• It should have been discussed before you moved in.

What Guys Said 2

• I think 500 is a bit much maybe 50 or 75 for whole period. I never heard of charging for furniture before surely splitting the bills covers all that. ï

• Women who can cook, are soooooooooooo sexy, might want to start learning

What Girls Said 0