Girls, have you ever been rejected by guys before?

Do you know what its like to be rejected like guys do?

Share your experiences

• Yes, i have been rejected by a guy before
    55% (28)
  • No, i have not been rejected by a guy before
    37% (19)
  • See results (for guys)
    8% (4)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been rejected twice. Once by a guy who was a bit of a player anyway so it hurt me initially but the sting went away.

I was close to a guy for several months earlier this year. He'd been flirting with me and teasing me for several months before that so I bit the bullet and asked him out. He was shocked and flattered but as he didn't know me well just wanted to be friends for awwhile. For those months we were constantly texting, whatsapping and talking on the phone. In June he stopped talking to me and now he has a girlfriend. The complete physical opposite of me. Average height instead of petite. Different build. Short dark hair and brown eyes rather than blonde with blue eyes. I feel angry with him for leading me on and angry with myself for being too available and too open. Nothing sexual happened (not allowed before marriage in our faith) but I feel like I was still naked in a sense because I showed him my vulnerable side. I don't feel any anger or jealousy towards the girl but I feel like I couldn't handle seeing them together.

What Girls Said 23

• My freshman year in high school, I asked my science partner out. He actually said yes at first. When I called him to make plans, he kept telling me he was busy. Finally, the third time I tried calling him to make plans, I could hear his friends in the background laughing and making fun of me. I think he liked me, but when his friends found out that he had planned on going out with me, they started making fun of him and that caused him to chicken out. The worst part of that was that it was only the middle of the year and I had to endure being science partners with him the rest of the year. He was always nice to my face, but I could not forget that he rejected me and that he let his friends dictate his decision.

• Yes I have once. My high school crush of 4 years. He flirted with me a lot but didn't ask me out. So one day I decided to just do it. he declined and said he had a girlfriend. Turns out he was dating this girl from his church that I had no idea about. It was a bummer, but I moved on.

• Did it shock you? were you pretty sure he'd say yes?

• Well the "hi, gorgeous", the poking, asking me to sit with him a lot... kind of lead me to believe he was interested, so I was a bit shocked. But assumptions are usually wrong, I learned that back then haha.

• I have never been rejected. Mostly because I don't put myself out there unless I am positive of the response I'd get. That means I spend FOREVER in the weird flirtatious limbo zone before I ask guys out. And yes, I HAVE asked guys out before :p

• Nope, but only because I never ask guys out unless I'm really sure of it. And tbh I've only ask two guys out, so I don't think it even counts 🙈🙉🙊

• Yep. It hurt, but it's whatever. I don't care. It happens. I mean, I still put myself out there, but I'm no longer the one to go the extra mile in asking the guy out. That's his job from now on.

• Nope, cause I never put myself in situations where I could be rejected :)

• Yeah. That's pretty much the norm for me.

• Nope never been rejected before. I've always been good at picking guys who like me back. ^^

• Never really asked someone out..😳😳

• No I haven't. I never asked unless I was about 99 % sure anyway :P

• I remember asking a dude to chill and he's said no.

Does that count?

• I've been rejected so many times I lost count

• No, but I know a lot of other girls who have.

• Yes like by a lot of them, most of them said because I was ugly :/

• Yes it has happened

• No, only because I don't really put myself in that type of situation...

• Every girl has!!

• well there's a few in this question who have not

• I don't believe it.. there's always someone who's better than you/thinks they're better than you that you've liked and been turned down by. Unless these girls have been living in a bubble, they've been rejected. Girls have a lot of pride so won't own up to it.

• no i have not been rejected by a guy before.. cuz i don't even try.. ;P

• Yeah and it was max awkward

• Yes the boy told me that " you are beautiful on side and in side but I have girl friend" and I stayed like 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳. But now I ok

• yes when i was in primary school
    does that count?

• No, I never asked anyone out because I don't have the self esteem to even try. I probably never will have the self esteem to ask anyone out.

• Thankfully, I've never been rejected.

• Have you ever asked out guys before? how many?

• Technically not, but I've made the first step into approaching them.