Why do people find the need to do this?

Before I switched my messaging settings on gag to private, there were some people that actually messaged me to tell me stuffs like I'm ugly etc. In school, the people were worse. They'd spread false rumors about me like how many guys I've slept with, what a boyfriend stealer I am and stupid shit.

I tried to ignore it. Then today, another person from school changed his/her Wi-Fi name to (my name) is ugly. Like wtf did I do -.- and I'm the only one with my name in the entire school.

I'd be lying if I say all these didn't somehow affected me in one way or another. I seriously cannot understand what do people get out of doing this? And why do they find the need to do it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh my goodness, those things are shocking. And unfortunately, some people have lack of every form of (self) respect and find it nice to do these ridiculous things.
    What you can consider is: first of all do NOT block these users. Blocking them is no solution since they'll than go anon and be back.
    What you should do is, when you can identify the user, report that person. And again, and again. If people PM you and tell wrong things, report them for PM'ing since this will indicate to the admins something is wrong with that user.
    Also with the WIFI thing, consider if there is for example a provider you could report that abuse to. They can do him harm by denying him access to their services.
    I hope you can sort it out. Thumbs up :D

• As for the Wi-Fi, I don't know who it belongs to.. it's the person's mobile hotspot, soo.. ><

• Ahah there's so many people in my school it'd take forever for me to figure it out xD

• Thanks for the most helpful :D
      Hope things are going a little better now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you so much. Happens to me too. Mostly on GAG, but sometimes also in real life. I also get all those insult messages, bashing my looks and everything else that's bashable. I've also been called ugly, disgusting, a cripple and everything else in school and a boy even once wrote on my locker that I'm a slut, when in reality I don't dress provocatively at all and I haven't even kissed a guy. My point is, I fully understand how you're feeling. It's not a pleasant feeling, it sucks ass and breaks your soul a little everytime someone does something like that to you. And you start to doubt yourself.

Those people got issues, they need some serious help. They're pathetic, insecure, lame excuses of human beings that try to make themselves feel better by bringing others down. I almost feel bad for them, cause something horrid must have happened that made them that way. Some of them may be jealous cause they can clearly see that you're a better person than them in every aspect. They're immature and they need to grow the fuck up.

I'm sorry this is happening to you :( You are clearly beautiful af inside and out. I think you should just ignore them, not give them the time of the day, try to block out all the hate, and focus on people who make you feel good about yourself, all the positive shit. And I know very well that it's easier said than done, these things still affect me too sometimes. But you gotta try.

• It's like my heart break each time I think of it. They've even went to the extend of writing I'm a bitch on my locker in school. I guess the next they're gonna attempt is spraying red paint. It's like they've did anything and everything just to watch me break down. I can't even count the number of times I had to resist the urge to not hit them in the face, I mean seriously, who can take in so much of this shit?

Its even more stupid for them to say I'm a boyfriend stealer just because I have more male friends than females. Like cmon, they were the ones that broke up with their bfs, and I was just there to comfort them because they're my friends. Like wth nonsense are they talking bout. I seriously cannot wait to graduate college, two months left and I'm done with this shit.

I'm sorry it happened to you too :( likewise, tho I don't know you in reality, but you're defo beautiful inside out. (=

• This deserves mho :)

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 13

• I have no idea why some people feel compelled to attack others. But it must be some form of personality disorder and lack of empathy. I know it is tough but the best thing to do is just ignore this kind of ignorance. Always look at the source of this stuff. If it is coming from a jerk it means nothing.

• They are just bullies that are trying to make themselves feel better by putting other people down. I know it is hard but ignore the haters and live for yourself, no them.

• That is ridiculous, but you're not going to be able to stop them, signs of anger will probably get them to do more. Try to ignore it. It might be hard but it seems like the only solution to me. And what they get out of this? Well, they probably feel better about themselves — many insecure people bash on others to boost their own egos. At least there's that.

PS — you're not ugly. At all.

• Yeahh, on the plus side, I'm gonna be free from all this shit in two months time, so I guess it's ok for me too.

Thank you by the way (=

• I think you look alright. The world has coalesced into one giant mess of hate and unrest so let's sing along a little goddamn louder to a happy song and pretend it's all okay

• Hey just ignore those creeps, your friends know you ain't ugly at all. I'm glad you changed your settings to private.

And people in school are just immature brats.

• Yeahh.. but I find it ridiculous why would someone message another person and bash them up, I mean they're not anon so I obviously know who they are.. :/

• Anything that is popular and loved always get a lot of hate and besides fuck em don't care about em u r beautiful my mskay just FUCK EM

• Ahah that's a nice way to put it xD

Thank you tho (=

• You're gorgeous af! I think those girls are just insecure and they need to do this to make them feel better. Just ignore them, I know it's hard, but it'd definitely be better. Glad you changed your gag settings to private.

• It seems pretty obvious to me, they think you are ugly and think you slept with many guys. They also must think you are a boyfriend stealer.

I'm not saying you are these things, but I wouldn't call someone ugly unless I thought they were ugly.

• How Dare They! Don't you worry my love, I'll knock some sense into 'em >:(

• Ahah they're lack of brains I would say, no point knocking some sense into them.. :p

• Aww that's so sweet of you 🙈🙉🙊 thank you so much (=

• Aw. They are Bullies. Just ignore them. :).

• You're totally beautiful, inside and out. Just ignore them.

• Cause there bitches? Just ignore them people only really insult others because they are disatafied with themselves

• How do you react to these? If you ignore them, it's only going to fuel the fires. If you get upset, same thing.

• I obviously ignored them, tho I really want to hit them in the face

• Okay, I hope things go well for you.

• Thank you (=

What Girls Said 20

• I'm so sorry you are having so many problems, @mskay, behind the Computer curtain with rude and crude people, as well as in your own life of strife at school.
    It seems that Someone or just People with a sick mind set, Single Out someone just to be Cruel and find satisfaction in either tormenting them because they think it will make their day and at the same time, bring you down in a Big way.
    However, sweetie, You cannot let them get the Best and the Rest of you, you have to Consider the Sources and just move on and Not make Anything out of it, this is what they want, for you to do just the Opposite.
    With GAG, I have never seen anyone say Anything Bad about you and with a message of just them being idiots in coming to your message box, it's good that you set your Settings. I used to Get, a few months back, an Influx of guys who would Start with me about Sex and go from there with trying to send lewd and shrewd pix. After blocking a few and letting the word Get around that I was a straight shooter who was Here for business Only, I believe that Finally it caught on and things seem Good back at my own ranch.
    With people at school, just Ignore them as well. Kids were kids when I was going to school. If someone was picked on, they were ridiculed in this Rule of Thumb because they finger out those who they feel are the Most vulnerable for Attack.
    Hold your head up, even giggle a bit with your friends, should anyone start in and show them it doesn't Bother you and whatever you Feel... Suffer in silence the less anyone knows the better. They are just trying to get a rise out f you.
    Hopefully the time you are in school, like anything, this too shall pass.
    Ignore the Ignorant is the Key Factor. However, it kills you inside and ruins your self esteem. This is what they are also hoping for. Little do they know, how sick and twisted they are and have issues of their own and find pleasure Taking a beautiful and innocent flower and tearing off each petal.
    Good luck. xx

• Aww thank you Paris 🙈🙉🙊

• So welcome, @mskay, and thank you for the upvote... It will be okay, sweetie, just remember my wise words.:)) xxoo

• Bullies are people who internally are struggling with issues and they have an underdeveloped sense of empathy. People like to make themselves feel powerful/good by attacking others. When they feel they have control over your emotions, they feel big, strong, and so on. It's also a way of unleashing anger; if they feel ugly, they want someone else to feel that way, as a means or relieving the pain.

All you can do is act unaffected, and you should also report some of these issues. The Wi-fi thing is straight up harassment, and your parents can threaten to report it to the police if they don't change it. I know you may not want to feel like a "tattle tail", but honestly, it isn't a big deal. You have to stick up for yourself.

• Problem here is, I don't know the hotspot belongs to who, thus I cannot report it to the principal :/

• Yup, I guess ignoring is the best case here too. Thank you (=

• You're welcome. Remember, if somebody takes it beyond what you can handle, get someone involved. Don't let people mercilessly harass you.

• Don't listen to them ! They r just jealous of u ! People r always like that -_- anywhere u go u always will find haters ! People r crazy sometimes!! Besides u r a Swiftie so remember the song Shake It Off 😄😍 " i stay out too late, got nothing in my brain.. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE SAY mhm, ... "🎵🎶🎸🎹🎺🎻🎼🎷. So just shake it off and dont let ANYONE bring u Down or make u think less about urself coz YOU r gorgeous in everyway💙 and they r just jerks that have nothing to do but bully people! SMH -_-

• Ahahah omg shake it off!! 💙💙

Thank you sister 😘😘 I'd forever think of you whenever I hear shake it off ahah xD

• Ahahah same 😅😅 I kind of love it when I have notifications ahah

• ME TOO 😄😅

• You need new friends. Real friends wouldn't insult you like that at all. And you have got to try to learn to say something when needed. The more you sit there and don't say anything to defend yourself, the easier they think it will be to make fun of you. Trust me, all you need is an adjustment of the mind and the people who surround you.

Good luck.

• Those people are my schoolmates, not really my friend, but I do know them and vice versa tho. I didn't say anything because I didn't want the situation to get worsen, as one of the girl that spread the rumour had went for counseling sessions with the counselor in my school.

• Maybe they're jealous at you because you have something they don't or they are simply haters that wanna compensate their own lack of self esteem by making others feel bad - either way they're pathetic, irrelevant creatures that you shouldn't really bother with, I know it's hard but just focus on the day you'll graduate and see them for the last time.
    From how I know you you're really kind and pretty and that's my honest opinion so don't let those losers talk you down! :)

• Aww thank you 🙈🙉🙊

Yup I can't wait for graduation too

• Because people are cruel. Some people get off on picking on others and making them feel like crap. Most times it's because they themselves are lacking in something and insecure. There always be someone that has an issue with you. The best thing to do is ignore them. You're not ugly. Don't give them satisfaction by feeding into it. You're so much better than that.

• You look unusual. They can't get used to your looks. They don't know what it means to look 'different'.

• You probably triggered their competitive/survival instincts for some reason. But let me ask you.. is your school culturally diverse?

• Umm.. It's mostly Asians and White peeps in my school, and a few Latinas, but majority of them are white.

• Aww girlie, i hope you're ok. I would assume that they do it out of giving you crap (ruffling you up) or they are just out right jealous of you. Maybe they want to give you hell to see if you react.

• I'm doing ok I guess :/ but I have no idea why would they be jealous of me like they're better than me (look wise) and it's not like I know their boyfriends either -.- these girls are just so weird.. :/

• Aww girlie *hugs* I don't know maybe they dislike a part of you and they just make up rumours, or scared that you're a threat to their boyfriends or just basically mean girls.

• *hugs back*

Yeah possibly that too..

• they are just bullies and creeps... ignore them

• That is so mean! I can't believe people do that. Just ignore them. They couldn't be more wrong, you're totally gorgeous!

• Thank you (=

People can do all sorts of shit just to make another human feel bad of themselves. :/

• They are me tally sick and insecure people

• Firstly, you don't look ugly, at all. In fact, you look so beautiful inside out. These people are very insecure, and because you're above them, they attacked you so that they can feel better about themselves. Don't let it get to you. Sometimes I pity these kind of people, they had been through something that made them that way. They need help, serious help.

• Aww thank you x)

Yeahh.. been trying to ignore it. But somehow these has affected a little..

• Some people are just messed up and they all e jelous of you but don't worry about them cause they got nothing better to do with there then try to bring other people don't keep your head up your probably nothing like that

• These people are just assholes. Karma surely has a way with them. What you can do is, ignore them and live your life. Beat them down with kindness, prove that nothing can bring you down.

• Some people can be real a**holes. Maybe you can change schools or just ignore them.

• Changing school isn't an option for me, I'm only left with two months of schooling and I'm done. Just gonna have to ignore them all the way.

• They're just insecure of themselves because you're more awesome and cooler than them. Don't give a fuck about them.

• This is very immature. Ignore those idiots. You're beautiful :)

• Hey just ignore them. They just wanna bring you down because you're above them. Put on your brightest smile and let karma deal with them.

• Because they're insecure, immature and bored with their own lives.

• Honestly from personal bullied experiences its just jealously, like people are stupid, let me guess your in high school or middle school or something? Kids are stupid I would know I am one I would be lying if I said I never got jealous over a pretty girl, but all in all ignore them, their just being retarted.

• I'm in college actually, its smth like high school, but high school has many year, right up till year12 (pardon my ignorance, I'm not from here so I don't know much about the edu system), in college we only have year11 and year12.

• Wel their still being retarted wait until you have a job and their the bums on the streets.