Now that men are the minority in gaming to you think we will get more video games with more eye candy for women?

Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming

E
xamples

Please post your favorite hot video game characters

• yes
  • no
  • it will be about the same

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg when i was a little kid i thought Link was the hottest thing ever lmao. I haven't played a video game in years but I'd play Zelda again just to look at him lmaao

What Guys Said 13

• The most recent research on this shows that men are the still the largest demographic.
    www.theesa.com/.../ESA-Essential-Facts-2015.pdf

It's 56% male and 44% female.

So I doubt there will be any change.

• that and the games in which females tend to play tend to be characterless games, mobile games, and puzzle games. the amount of women that play console based "AAA" games as we would call them is quite small.

• That study is misleading. When it says women it is specifically segregating adults and children. It says that adult women make up 36% while adult men make up 35% BUT it also says teenage boys make up 17% which added to the 35 makes the male gender have over 50% of the total population. Very misleading title and depending on your definition of women a flat out lie even by their own research (one survey does not make it a fact).

Also does it include app games that you play on your phone? Or is it considering only console and pc games as video games. Because that probably makes a huge difference as well.

• since when are men the minority in gaming?

• no because men play actual video games and women play candy crush

• one, candy crush is a game (which is one I haven't played), and what is your definition of "actual game", because I have played all the game with the pics above and way more than most of my male counterparts/friends

• No I don't play phone games, I have a psp, ps vita, ps2, ps3, wii, wii U, Xbox 360 and a steam account but if you play phone games them that's ok too, a game is still a game

• hey you're just one person. women do play games but that only happens when you count phone games too.

• It's only a 1% lead, and it depends on what you define as a "gamer".
    I still don't think we will get many games blatantly directed to girls, because in my eyes, guys are often more dedicated. (Not saying there are no hardcore/dedicated gamer girls- obviously there are, but let's just say I can't remember being beaten by a girl)

As for the hot video game character... well, we all know that Professor Layton is buffing up for his Smash 4 release ;)
    orig14.deviantart.net/.../...ngyrougee-d5ekw9k.jpg

• First, I don't think men are the minority in gaming. I know four male gamers and no female gamers. If you're talking the development side then maybe there's a power shift, but I doubt it.

Second, it depends on the games you play, most games allow you to change the appearance of characters. Obviously the high fantasy games will have more characters designed to be eye candy than Halo or COD. Even IF girls are the majority like you say, I doubt that the production will change.

Side note, can you provide a source for you claim, I've never heard that stat before and find it hard to believe.

• www.dailydot.com/.../

it the link at the beginning

• Women are catching up, and I was excited about and are you against women gamers? (just asking out curiosity)

• Yo, where did I ever say anything negative about women, and no I'm not against women, I'm just against incorrect facts.

• Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that video game designers haven't started trying to appeal to women more. There's a lot of money to be made there, and someone will make it.

• Men aren't the minority in videogames. And male characters in videogames are usually what a girl would consider hot, I think, so that'll remain the same.

• If you exclude Facebook and Browser games then women aren't the majority of gamers. =/

• Really? Men are the minority? First I'm hearing of this.

• Well I'm straight but I think Snake is the best.
    http://i.imgur.com/2yrBN89.png
    I can't wait for Tuesday.

• They included social media mobile games in there study.

Therefor no.

• Wow I had no idea that's cool I am all for gamers

What Girls Said 2

• Hahaha isn't that you @Dantesparda?
    I don't think girls are the majority... yet?

• Yeah first one was Dante :P

But the newer one looks good too from the last game "DmC"

• @DanteSparda LoL yeah you told me once. xD
      I guess in the long run, this one will be better for you.

• Yeah, my dad has the same degree.
      So it'll probably beneficial for me aswell
      Thanks for the wishes :)

• Oh my <3 Leon.
    He's sexy. And Chris redfield