Why does my computer keep freezing up?

It's been getting worse my computer keeps freezing up every minute.

Oh LOL! Apparently I had too many programs open so I disabled them, it's not freezing anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably a virus. Maybe take it to an expert and have them help

Most Helpful Guy

• your pc may have a virus or the specs are utter shit. i have a low-mid ranged pc which was high last year but yeah.

• The specs are shit.

• not that bad, what tasks are launched on your pc? go to task manager (windows) right click the taskbar and task manager go to preformance and open resource monitor, you can see whats killing your ram then. i'm not 100% sure if its the same on windows 7, switched from it to windows 10 recently

• Thanks for that I disabled some programs and it's fine now.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• If it is freezing up, put it in the oven to thaw it out.

But seriously, reasons include too many things going on at once (programs running in the background), newer programs with more demands running on older computers with slower capabilities, viruses, and a tone of other things. You have "fixed" the problem for now, but things will continue to worsen over time.

If your computer needs are small, then a lower powered computer running a lower power browser would keep things running smoothly and quickly. If this is your case, look into chromebook.

If you have a need for more powerful equipment and software, then be sure to limit what you put on the computer to the things you need, and be sure to have virus and malware protection installed. And you will need to update with newer equipment more often.

• Depends. You might:
    - Not have enough RAM
    - Not have enough free space on your system drive and your files are getting fragmented
    - Not have a good enough CPU
    - Your system disk is a slow HDD rather than an SSD
    - A background process is taking up your available RAM/CPU
    - Your CPU is overheating

• May be a virus or plural viri (is this te correct plural word for it?), get an antivirus software and scan it. Or, maybe you're running too many programs on the background. Try closing some of those. If it's not a virus and background programs, your computer may simply have gotten old, i know mine has :D There's not much to do about it in that case.

• WIthout seeing it I guess you have a hard drive dying, bad RAM, or your motherboard is going out. BACK UP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA if you have not already.

• You needed to format and reinstall the windows...

• All that porn is probably slowing it down.

• I don't have any on the hard drive.

• I always steam it it's safer.

• for sure!