Do you pay attention to international news and developments?

Like tensions in the South China Sea, European immigration crisis, the South Sudanese civil war and so forth?

It seems to me that people only pay attention when heads start rolling (as in the case of ISIS which is far overemphasized in today's media compared to a potential and plausible World War III scenario involving Iran, China, Russia, and the US and its allies due to recent developments).

Yes, be a good world citizen please ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to ignore all the atrocities taking place, I'm really worried for South Korea... And the civilians trapped in North Korea.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a lot of interest in world developments. I have a very large family and we come from many different corners of the globe, so I like being up to date.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I do. Especially at European immigration crisis.

• "plausible World War III scenario" Really?
    Why do so many people want the world to end, why can't be just be more positive.

• You do remember what happened before World War II broke out right? No one wanted war and that's why they agreed to Hitler's demand until he backstabbed them.

• Not to mention, World War III will include massive usage of advanced nuclear weaponry; Russia already tested a few of them within the past few years.

• I fall asleep in history class a lot does that count?

• i've been paying attention to the immigration crisis and have some awareness of the other issues

• Not really

• No... and I probably should, but by the time I get on top of whats currently going on I miss the new stuff. Can't keep up!

• Generally no. I'm ashamed to admit that

• Nope, i dont even watch the news in my own country...

What Guys Said 14

• Lol, You seriously think the those countries have the economic capability to wage a world war?

If Iran enters a war, It will just get fucking blitz in a matter of weeks, Its army sucks dick.
    If Russia enters a war, it will not be able to fund it, I mean, When they took the crimea, and Europe and the US put in place economic sanctions, Russias economy almost completely collapsed. And thats just a sanction, How do you think they would fair if they were embargoed by the entire planet?
    si.wsj.net/.../...D399_ruble1_G_20141216090321.jpg
    If china enters a war, Its just fucked, The VAST majority of chinese income is the sale of goods, *Hence why 99% things you ever use in your life say ''Made In China''. Without that sale, They would just run out of money real fucking quick.
    bearmarketreview.files.wordpress.com/.../...a1.jpg
    Those nations rely too heavily on the rest of the planet, Meanwhile the likes of the US and EU / Allies could remain in trade with each other whilst completely economically fucking the Comintern states and puppets.
    russia-insider.com/.../nato.jpg
    Besides, If WW3 did happen, It would involve nukes, And, You can not win a war with Nukes... Mutually assured destruction is a bitch.
    media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/5/4739/nuke.gif
    So, The russia situation dosen't bother me, nor the china sea, nor North korea (They still use fighter planes such as the Mig15 from the 1950's for fucks sake xD).
    cdn-www.airliners.net/.../0917019.jpg
    And, As for all this shit in the middle east, I couldnt give a fuck, Just a load of religious fuck nuts slaughtering each other over books and beliefs, They could wipe each other of the face of the earth for all i give a shit, The world would probably be better off too.

• Depends on how much I watch the news and go on social media, and lately I haven't been doing either much, so I can't really say I've been paying much attention. If anything happens over in Korea, I'll know because my brother is stationed in South Korea. the North Koreans actually just fired a missile over the border recently and we responded with dozens of 150mm artillery shots back at them.

• Nope. I don't pay attention to news at all. Not even my own local or national news. For example if I didn't hear about it here on GaG I wouldn't have realized the US presidential campaigning had started yet. I have not hear ONE WORD about it outside of GaG. I have not even heard it by word of mouth.

I quit paying attention to news like 20 years ago. All news does is distort reality. If you ever go a few years without watching television, or any news source, then come back to it, it will be extremely obvious how much the news distorts reality. It's hard to see how bad it is while you are immersed in it.

• I'm always keeping a close eye on Russia, particularly with this Ukraine situation.

I have a few international people that I speak to, so they keep me abreast of anything that's going on with their respective countries.

A really interesting one in 2013 I believe was fucking Iceland, which for a long time was basically going through some countrywide government shutdown that got ZERO major international coverage, the whole country was going completely dark.

• World war 3 is impossible. Just last week the chinese market shanghai index crashed and the dow jones fell like 2500 points in response. The World is so intertwinned economicslly that a World war World crush everything econony and send the World into an instant depression. Globalization and trade has become so integral that its impossible to started a major World war. We need each other for our modern economies and for our industries to function

• Sprry for spelling and grammar provlems. Im typing quickly on my phone

• Finally the tension between the soviet union and the us was so much greater xompared to today. The fact that there wasn't a nuclear war implies now that its very unlikely. The rise of nationalism is hardly a basis for world war too. Nationalism is a way for ambitious leaders to get their population to support various wars. So there is a correlation between war and nationalism but not a causation as you're impkyi.

• that's good ^^" I just think people should be more aware of at least what's happening in their world

• Yeah, I pay attention to it. Although I'll pay more attention to areas and to events that interest me rather than not, for the ones that don't I'll skim through for the ones that do I'll go more in depth.

• No I don't because the Media is corporate controlled garbage, all governments are completely corrupted and it's a massive waste of time, WWIII will never happen because all governments care about is money and power, none will start a nuclear war for that reason.

• " all governments care about is money and power" can you please cite some articles or links to credible sources to back that up?

• Chinese nationalism (this is a parallel to German nationalism that led to World War II): nationalinterest.org/.../the-real-threat-chinese-nationalism-13729

• You can't get an article for something like that because the Media is also out for money.. Every single thing revolves around money, and if you honestly think governments managed to not become greedy I can't really help you, it comes from 5 years of independent research, I say independent because I don't touch corporate controlled American media with a ten foot pole... And as for your link I'm not sure if reading a magazine founded by a neo-conservative is a good bet for truth, but no doubt nationalism happens in China, it also happens in Ukraine and the US government put those guys in charge..

• I do but I don't go around rubbing it into peoples faces and making myself look like a complete douche...

• Nope cuz I'm not smart like that

• No, I don't have television. But I'm experiencing the immigration crisis first hand here in the EU.

• Not to that degree. I'll skim through the news on the front page of yahoo every morning so I know what's going on. But other than that, unless i'm interested for another reason, I don't bother.

• Why Egypt isn't there we made the suez canal two ways now

• don't need to... it's all bad.

• Yes, I do. It can get to be a bit overwhelming though.