Does anybody wash their dishes by hand anymore?

This is just out of curiosity. I have a dishwasher, but in recent months have not been very happy with it. It is getting very old and I am sure in need of being replaced. I was having to rewash a lot of dishes, so I just gave up on it all together and started washing dishes by hand again. It does not take long if you keep up with it and just wash them right after you use them. I was always really picky about what I put in the dishwasher anyway. Pans that claimed to be dishwasher safe I always washed by hand, as well as anything plastic and all of my knives. So, does anybody else just prefer to wash dishes by hand rather than use the dishwasher?

Very surprised to see how many people still do wash by hand.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wash the stuff before putting in dishwasher. I think washer does a good job to make dishes really clean.

• I know a lot of people that do this. I never used to. I thought that it was a waste of time. I think if and when I get a new dishwasher I will do this. It will probably keep the dishwasher in better working order and I do think that it does a good job at sanitizing, where as it is pretty much impossible to sanitize your dishes if washing by hand. I do use a fresh washcloth every time and no sponges, but the water obviously does not get as hot and if it did, I am not interested in burning my hands in the process. Haha.

• Thanks for MHG

• You're welcome!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, I actually don't know anyone who owns a dishwasher, but probably because it's not really common where I'm from :)

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• I prefer a dishwasher, but since I'm currently at a college dorm, I have to wash everything by hand in a very shallow sink that I can't really fit stuff in. If I had a dishwasher I'd totally use it instead of hand washing. I feel like it personally gives a more thorough clean too, but that is just me.

• Out here there's a lot of oil and butter used in cooking while there are situations where washing dishes in the washer doesn't really do the job. Wherein, the dishes have to be washed by hand :) So yes I do have dishes washed by hand when required and warranted :)

For me it's about if it's warranted and not preference. I'm ok with it eitherway :)

• Thank you for the Up Vote again, young lady :)

• Thank you :) <3 wow you are as bad as I am, staying up till 0300 hours lol You get some sleep while I get some work done. Sleep well, good night :)

• I will certainly try, thank you. <3

• I do everything by hand i got Russian hands and Roman fingers hahahaha jk jk jk

Yeah i wash dishes by hand wish i had a dishwasher

• I do!! In most Asian households that I've been to, the dishwasher ended up being storage appliance. We're too cheap to use it.

• I'll do it often.

• I wash them by hand.

• Dish washers cost money love.

• Yas cuz im no lazy fawk! '-'

• I do.
    --'''''''

• No way man. I don't wash anything by hand; I throw everything that can fit in the dishwasher into the dishwasher. Fondue pot, gardening tools, everything

• That's the only way I do it.

• I like the dish washer because it sterilizes but between throughly rinseing and washing all our stuff that isn't dishwasher safe it definitely uses a lot more time

• I do. Its easier on the hydro bills!

• I have noticed that since I started washing by hand that my water bill has gone down a bit. Not a whole lot, but enough to notice.

• Do not forget electricity too. Dishwashers use quite a bit of electricity.

• I have to, no doshwasher T_T

• I have to I don't have a dishwasher in my apartment

• Yes our family still does

• I have a dishwasher, but only wash by hand. The washer uses more water I think

• I wash my dishes by hand.

• Never even seen a dishwasher 😂

• Things that are dishwasher safe, are dishwasher safe. Next time it says that, just trust it

• I don't like taking my chances. It wears things out faster. I have had bad experiences before with things claiming to be dishwasher safe and bending or melting. I like to take good care of my things. I have some very expensive knives and pots and pans that I do not plan on replacing for a long time, if ever.

• We use dishwasher + it's using less water and it's more ecological so yeah dishwasher is great.

• Someone once called me fancy for having a dishwasher, I was unsure how to respond because it was blatant they were poor. lol

• That is hilarious! It is not that fancy. I would say they are pretty common unless you live in a dorm. Even a lot of apartments these days have them!

• I thought that too! lol

What Girls Said 18

• i wash mine by hand sometimes. usually i prefer the dishwasher, but every now and then i get into the mood where i want to do it myself :)

• I don't have a dishwasher. I've lived in places that has had them, but I've always washed dishes by hand.

• I wash by hand and then load into the dishwasher. Seems cleaner and better maintenance for the dishwasher.

• yea i still wash the dishes with my hands

• I do, but I wash it by hand first and then use a dishwasher.

• Yeah I do. I didn't bother to buy a dishwasher.

• I am not lazy like. most people this days!!! Of course I wash my dishes with my own hands.. And happy about it..

• I don't have a dishwasher so yes I do wash them by hand and it sucks because not only am I washing mine I'm washing my room mates dishes too. 😑

• That does suck! Make your roommate wash their own dishes! Or take turns! Why should you have to do it all?

• Seriously I've gone on strikes and not washed them for a week and still not once did he lift a hand to do them. 😒 their my dishes their nice too so I don't want them ruined or dirty so I can't use them. I'm so annoyed with my rm at the moment ha

• Ugh. That is horrible and I do not blame you. I would not want my dishes ruined because of a lazy ass who refuses to wash them. Sorry you have to deal with that.

• I still do it

• i have never used a dishwasher and they aren't common here in japan.

• Yes of course. Dishwashers collect mold and milldew. And don't wash properly.

• I do, sometimes, 😂😂

• i wash by hand all the time
    the dishwasher is more or less used as a drying and storage rack

• I always wash dishes by hand.

• God no... even loading the dishwasher feels like a chore

• Everybody in méxico do it by hands. It's really weird to find a house with dishwasher.

• i wash the dishes by hand haha. I have a smaller family (4 people), so it's not really worth it to use the dishwasher. Also, it's quicker

• I live on a sailboat and dont have a dishwasher so its all hand washing for me...

• You live on a sailboat? That is exciting!

• Well, I wish you all the luck in the world!

• Thanks ill probably need it lol :P