Is astrology a real science?

I think it's not accurate it got a lack of reason I don't see why some people believe in it like what's the evidence ( with all respect of course )

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Naw it's not but it's entertaining. I think my personality fits more with Cancer then a Leo but I'm a "Leo". So it's all for fun for me. I don't know anyone that really takes it seriously.

• I have seen people take it seriously like they don't date except special things

• Ohhh then yeah that's bad... really bad.

• I don't think so. Its vague so everyone fits in.

• Yes, if something doesn't seem like a science on the surface, do some research into. There is always so much more to EVERYTHING than what appears.

• But it's not falsifiable. Therefore it's not science.

What Guys Said 8

• What sort of astrology, Zodiacs?

Or are we talking about how people in ancient times
    found their way around, using the stars?

The Zodiac part that suggest that you act a certain way
    simply because you happened to be born in some specific time
    I doubt is true, because the descriptions they've made, follows
    a certain way, that you see many other places.. they make vague
    suggestions, so that the asker will read, and see themselves in it.

There were an experience once, where some people gave a lot of
    randomly selected people a letter with different Zodiacs on it
    but with the exact same description.. guess what, they all
    thought it fit them.

As for the 2nd part.. star science, that is true
    because you can indeed find your way, using stars/the sky.

• Mainstream astrology is what you're talking about, horoscopes done online with messages that are supposed to let you know how your day will go are completely wrong, and it's misleading

Real astrology requires a whole chart to be done, for example if you know you're a Leo, you're not just a Leo, what you know is a sign sun. You need to know your moon sign, Mars sign, Venus sign, Mercury sign, and the rest of the planets.

I'm a Cancer (sun sign) But my moon is in Taurus, Venus is in cancer, Saturn in Aquarius, etc. which make your personality. It gets even deeper than that, but that's why all "Leos" aren't the same or all "Cancers" aren't the same, we're a mix of signs and houses. Here's a post I made about it

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1086629-what-astrology-signs-are-you

• nope... whole idea of astrology is based on how special we think of ourselves as a species, that the position of planets and stars have a direct relation to our day to day lives.

• I am with you - A bit of fun in daily paper but to take it anymore serious is baffling.

• Not in the least bro, not in the least.

• People believe it but it doesn't mean it is a real science...

• No, it is not accurate.

• Astrology is not science at all. It's fake bullshit. Astronomy is real science.