Was there any way for them to be together?

I will make this as detailed as possible.

Jean is a Frenchman, born and raised in Paris. One day, most likely in the 1870's, he decides to travel the world as the valet of an Englishman, Phileas Fogg.

They travel for 140 days, and they make it to New Orleans, USA. Jean goes out to explore the city and sits at a bar. There, he's scared shitless by some guy in a Death costume for the upcoming Mardi Gras. Then Death removes his mask.

He turns out to be a young, handsome mixed-race man with light (or cafè-au-lait, as Jean put it) skin and dark green eyes. They begin to talk. His name is Octave. He's a servant ( but free) at his white father's house, where he used to be a slave. He was three little half-siblings who are white. He's a Civil War veteran. He basically flirts with Jean. So fucking charming.

When it was late and they had to part, Octave walked with Jean to the riverbank and there, they kissed. Yep. Two men. A "negro" and a "white". In the 1870's. Jean said he tasted like bourbon and kept the rest to himself.

It was so clear he was into him. Hell, I was into him. I feel heartbroken.

I'm asking this question because I want to know if they could form a relationship and be together in any way. I understand it had to be done secretly, but maybe they could go to Canada or somewhere else where they could live together? Make a plan, escape, never look back? Could that happen?

• They could be together
  • There was no way

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in New Zealand it was illegal to be gay until the 1980s so I doubt that they would have been able to have a proper relationship since it was the 1870s.

• They're in New Orleans, not New Zealand.

• Yes, I know. I'm just using it as a reference, I'm sure New Zealand isn't 100 years behind the rest of the world lol.

• I don't understand. What is this about? A story you're writing? Real people?

• A game, actually.

• Downloading it now :)

• Did you like it?