Is being a bus driver a non educational job?

is it more for poor people who can't have access to education? I was dating a guy and his dad is a bus driver. I go to university, this guy isn't. and my prents kinda want me with someone who is well educated and have a future.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your parents don't decide these things for you. Attending university is not remarkable, come out with a diploma, that has more weight to it.

Besides, the guy is not a busdriver, his dad is and is doing what he can to provide for his family. So you hear someone is a busdriver and immediately think he is uneducated? Be proud of the fact you are given a chance to reach greater heights, but don't ever look down on someone who is not as fortunate.

• very smart thanks.

• i liked your answer a lot by the way. game a lot to think of.

• gave me a lot to think*

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a humble job! At least his dad wasn't a killer in Iraq. Sheesh.

What Guys Said 7

• Um bus drivers have people lives in their hands. It is a responsible job. Would you get on a bus if you knew the driver was an idiot? I have known people with masters degree that where ignorant and frankly morons. Conversely I have known high school drop outs who where highly intelligent, critical thinkers. A degree means nothing if you do not know how to use that education. Do not be a education snob.

• Or a grammar and spelling snob either! lol

• I'm not a snob. I have worked with poor communities in latin america, I lived with them, help building houses there. I can even learn more from a family who is not that fortunate. I even admire them, they appreciate more the little things they have than I do. it was just a question.

• I did not call you a snob... but you have to be on guard not to become one. Treat every one as an individual with their own set of strengths and weaknesses. For example I am a crappy typer and speller. Feel free to judge me on that!

• a bus driver is a good job. what are you majoring in? if its not stem then likely he's going to have a better job than you.

• i major in communications with a minor in marketing. the guy just works selling things.

• no im not saying that. im saying don't judge this guy for getting a good job. most likely he's going to have a better job.

• just because its blue collar means nothing.

• Who gives a shit what his father does. What matters is he does. My father is a mechanic and I'm a bloody Navy officer. Just because you share a y chromosome doesn't make you the same person.

• Future? Or money?
    Example, men that fight fires are way more importan than some "important" men.

• Apparently we all have to up our game, they are not entertained :(

• I think its all about how you feel. But thats his dad who is a bus driver, not him. Ask him what he wants to do.

• driving is a skill not an education.

• My ex boss was a bus driver when he was younger. He worked hard for years. Now he owns 2 rental companies.

So your parents and their stereotypes can go screw themselves.

• that had happened in my family too. but it's also about the ambitions someone has. if u don't have ambitions and aspirations is more likely u won't do much.

• that* not dad. sorry for my spelling mistakes.

• You answered your own question lol :)

What Girls Said 1

• It's more for people who can't get a real job or retired people