Why are is there still racism in this world against all races or ethnicities?

Why can't we all be equal it not fair for children like me to grow up and still see racism still in the US and all around the globe or world all these wars and fighting they only result in more death and pain for families and friends what is your thought on racism

0|0
5|9

Most Helpful Guy

• It's true. It's very sad : / , the important thing is that you remember there are people from different races that are fighting to create the world you hope.

I would say that we are in the most difficult phase of the process. Requires time.

First we discover each other, new continents... different races...
    fasab.files.wordpress.com/.../...ty-plasticine.jpg

... it was a very violent period. Very different from our days... way worse...
    But globalization is helping and people are merging and understand each other more and better.
    c2.staticflickr.com/.../...061915_d412438998_b.jpg

It will be needed a lot of years yet... but things eventually may bring equality and makes us one tone, one race...
    www.shapeartists.org.uk/.../Under-her-wing.jpg

My thought about racism is that you, i , and all of us need to continue to think about ways to push the barriers and change more things in the world. Deliquency brings a lot of pain, i see it to here... fear, poverty... they have a common origin and it's nobody fault, it's the system and education that still have problems, it's a colective problem and it's our job to decrease them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Racism is bullshit. People are not at all different. Take Serbians and Bosniaks. They are the same people, the only difference being the made up gods they believe in. Just because of that, one slaughtered the other.

People look different because of different climates across the world but deep down we're all the same. We're all homo sapiens. No one is worth more than another.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I don't think racism is about race at all. I think throughout history it's been about "outsiders", who only coincidentally happened to be a different race. Appearance can identify someone as an outsider. It's the outsider status not the appearance that causes the animosity. Someone who looks the same isn't easily identified as an outsider, but once they're identified as one they can be just as prejudiced against.

All these prejudices become deeply ingrained in people for generation after generation. After a while it's no longer about outsiders, it's about anyone who at one time in history was an outsider, or looked like one.

You see it throughout the world. Not just race, but religion, nationality and a host of other things. Some of it goes back centuries or millennia.

I don't know about other places, but in the US, the media, politicians, and individuals with an agenda keep feeding it. They fuel the fires for their own self interest. Instead of just letting the wound heal, they keep picking at it so it never has a chance to heal on it's own. There is already enough animosity. Fueling it sure doesn't help matters.

There has been racism and other prejudices throughout history. I don't think it's going away any time soon. Probably never. People like to point fingers. It's like a small child who points at their brother "he did it". It's someone to blame. Its someone or something to distract them from the things that need changed in their own life.

Way too many people are concerned about everyone else. What someone else has. What someone else does. What someone else thinks. As if that's gong to somehow make their own life better. Well it doesn't make it better. It only distracts them from dealing with their own life. Blame an outsider for your own problems. Blame someone who looks different for your own problems. Blame another nationality, or another religion, or another culture. Blame anyone but yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humans are tribal by nature. Tribalism has always existed, not just between races but also between people of the same race. Most people fit into a certain group or want to fit into a group, whether that be to do with music, sports/teams, gangs, politics etc. Whether people are arguing about rival football teams they support, or teams they're members of, or they're arguing with another clique, or they're arguing with a rival business, or another family, or another religion, that's all tribalism. First you have your family, then your extended family, then your friends, then your state/county, then your nation, then the world. The closer you get to yourself the stronger you feel tied to those people. You'll naturally favour people similar to yourself, before modern times it was a necessity for survival.

I'm not trying to justify racism in saying this, I'm just saying it is what it is, and it will never go away. Even if eventually we do all end up the same colour biege, worshipping the same God or maybe even no God at all, and we all buy the same shit and eat the same food (sounds depressing as fuck to me) tribalism will still exist. World peace and equality is a nice idea but it will never exist.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think racism is the worst most cowardly behaviour there is... To judge someone based alone on skin colour or the language they speak or religion they believe, is just plain ignorant and shouldn't be allowed. Anywhere.

It's an awful world... killing of the environment and each other. We have such a good thing going, were an incredible species. But there are many that don't care for longevity or sustainable life. They only care in taking it all for themselves and leaving everyone with nothing...

0|0
    0|2
  • Sadly but racism should been gone years ago but no it will always exist
    we live in sad world and it's hard to find good people in this world

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as there will be differences, there will be racism... that being said it would be a really stupid presumption however that the colour of someone's skin or certain expects of a particular group of people make them superior over others... many people have realised that so there is less racism as compared to some decades back. But still a long way to go since some people think that it is advantageous to them if they keep on feeling superior over other races.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bigotry is highly correlated with intelligence (dumb people just don't have enough brain power to put themselves in other people's shoes), and its getting worse because stupid people are breeding at a much faster rate than smart people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well part of the problem is we have redefined racism so that it is impossible to ever be rid of it. The old definition of racism being believing people can be meaningfully divided into races and that some of these races are better and more deserving than others.
    There are very few people who espouse this idea in the West.

The new definition is 'preferring to be around and deal with people like yourself' and you are never going to change that about people. This is what the people who worked to change the definition want because the struggle against 'racism' then becomes a perpetual source of political power.

0|1
    0|0
  • So long people look different people will discriminate.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The history of your country started out very racist anyway. Racism started out as a dis ease that started out as fear and pain accumulated from those master and slave races that never was resolved in usa.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there will always be racism in the world. No matter what.

0|1
    0|0
  • There will always be racism... Sadly.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're never going to be 'equal'. There's always going to be racism. It will get better with time, but I don't think it will ever be non existent

0|1
    0|0