Why cosplay is more popular in Japan and not in America or Europe?

Y American/European gals r not much into it?

Most Helpful Girl

• they don't have the good genes for it.. i think.. lol..
    well i think @Illusive_Man would give a better opinion than me here..

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're talking about anime cosplay, that's pretty much because Japan is home of anime.

Although, people do it in the west too. Just go to your next local Comic-Con...

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• Because it originated in the Japanese culture, duh..

• For one Japan is more into anime (obviously), and anime is very linked to cosplay. I guess Halloween is just the "day of cosplay" for America.

• Are you sure? My little sis goes to cosplay/comic cons every year if not several times a year lol

What Guys Said 6

• There are a few cos players on the site who might know more than we do - I not that au fait with japanese culture but as JCT said anime seems huge in Japan.

• Lol you've obviously never been to Comic Con then or conventions, cosplay is very popular at those kinds of places.

• I'm not sure why, but I like cosplay, maybe I was Japanese in my past life :P

• who doesn't? ^_^

• I especially like Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat & Tekken cosplay ;)

• If you mean anime wise it's just the popularity of the anime especially in proportion to the population and area of Japan. Here you'll find that @ comic con or Halloween sometimes.

• Cuz Japan is the home of the anime!

• Because nobody wants to see 30 BMI sailor moon "girls" uh wait.. I don't know, why?

• 30 BMI? i'm not talkin about fat gals but generally