What is your worst teacher experience?

I am studying to become a teacher and for the future I would like to know what kinds of things teachers did that you really didn't like

Most Helpful Girl

• We had a math teacher who was legendary, we're talking for the decades he taught at my school, for the way he treated students. He was ex-army and ran his classroom as such. There was no talking of any kind unless he called on you. Didn't turn in an assignment for any reason, that was detention. Forgot your pencil, detention. Dropped your pencil, detention. He would also call on students to answer questions and if you didn't raise your hand, he would purposefully call on you, force you to the board, and make you work on a problem which you didn't know and then imply you weren't all that bright if you didn't understand it or were confused. Did I mention, this was 5th grade! Yeah. Don't be that guy, ever. Teaching should be a positive experience for students, not one that left me and so many others with lasting scars and an actual fear of the subject.

What Girls Said 4

• This one teacher did not know how to explain geometry at all!
    We had to go seek help elsewhere to pass the tests/regents.

Even if we asked her tp explain again, no avail.
    And her class was super quiet and boring.

I have always liked math but that semester I dreaded going to that class.

Same with a chemistry teacher.
    No idea what she is saying. The only thing I am thankful for is thay she reccommended a really good book to pass the tests.

Her class was fun though.

• One bitter ass teacher who hasn't been laid since after giving birth to her now 10 year old son once called me a wannabe.

Another bitter ass teacher who mopes about her girlfriend and dead dog once called me the b-word because I stood up for my family.

#IDFWU

• The teachers I disliked or hated were the ones who would single me out to embarrass me. I had a math and reading teacher in middle school who did whatever they could to break me down. It was obvious to the whole class. If I was weak in a particular assignment they would call me upfront to the board to answer it and belittle me if I took to long. The math teacher once passed out our graded test and I forgot to put my name on mine. So she put it on the front board and said whoever's test this is you can come and get it. I was the only person that didn't receive their test back. I just left it there where it stayed for a week before she threw it away. She also separated me from my friend who was good at math so she couldn't help me and put me at a table with the kids who were bad at math. I hated math until college because of her. I'll never forget those hateful bitches.

• I had an Home Ecomonics teacher who used to scream at me all the time. I felt picked on and I dreaded the class. It was first thing Monday morning and I used to cry on Sundays as I had to get my Box and my Apron ready and put in my school bag for the class next morning.

What Guys Said 4

• I had a physics teacher my senior year of high school who was not good at his job. Don't get me wrong, he was a brilliant man. He was an engineer for 40 something years before he retired and decided to teach. And he was a good person. Just not a good teacher. He would only explain things once, sometimes twice, and whenever we had questions he would tell us to check our textbooks instead of explaining it out. Oh, and he would always give us homework on the weekends. Even during breaks.

So my advice for you would be:
    - Teach a subject that you're not only good at, but a subject you yourself enjoy.
    - Don't just go by what your school's textbooks say, give your own version of the lessons too and show your own examples.
    - Show enthusiasm in what you do, don't act like you're only teaching to get paid or that you dread being there.
    - Don't give homework out on the weekends or over breaks, or that very least don't give out written assignments.
    - Don't take your personal frustrations/problems out on your students, even if they're the cause of it. If you're dealing with an obnoxious/rude/etc, student, write them up and send their asses out.
    - Don't be a hardass, but don't be a pushover too. Your students won't respect you if you're either one.

• well just being a bitch is not cool. I went to my granmas funeral and missed a deadline for an assignment which was like thirty percent of our grade and she wouldn't accept it a few days late. students started a petition because I got kicked out of her class for calling her a dumb fat bitch in class but they felt she was in the wrong. the principal ultimately made her accept my work but I did get suspended for a few days

• When I was in middle school my science teacher accidentally teased a girl until she cried and ran out of the room. We were setting up for an experiment of some kind. One of the items passed out was a black rubber half circle. Kind of like if you cut a hollow ball in half. There was an extremely shy girl who I always saw around school. I hardly ever saw her talking to anyone and she always sat in the back. She was in this particular class. My science teacher was very funny and always kept things light with her students. She saw the shy girl in the back and called her out for using the suction of the rubber piece to make it stick to her face. She said something like "oh my gosh don't move, you have something huge and gross on your face", "how did that get there?"etc. It was not malicious, just playing into the joke. Turns out it wasn't the rubber item from the lab, it was a mole. I always noticed that the girl wore her hair over half of her face, and it was probably the catalyst for her shyness. The teacher obviously felt horrible and we could see her hugging and comforting the crying girl in the hall. I'm not sure if this will help you, but it's what came to mind.

• She took my stapler and she never gave it back.