Is spanking your children wrong if it'd with a wooden spoon?

Spanking help

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol if only I had gotten the spoon I got a belt made out of genuine leather, and it hurt a lot lol.

Standard tools of wiping

Wooden Spoons
    Belts
    Hands
    Really anything that could be used for wiping

Corporeal punishment is effective and needs to be used and don't be afraid to use it, just remember always keep a cool head and use it were it is appropriate and explain why you did what you did and that it was for their well being.

You kids may hate you for it at the time but later on in real they will thank you for it, I know I do and I deserved each spanking I got.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in smacks. I would rather take away their privileges and they go take out the garbage. They have-to learn from their mistakes before they get their privileges back. I think they will understand better from a heat of a moment of smacking them.

What Guys Said 9

• I would say that it is indeed wrong.

Corporal punishment is in essence an adult using their superior strength to inflict physical pain on a weaker child, with the hopes of motivating the child via fear of further pain, to alter their behavior in the manner desired by the adult.

Although this might alter the child's behavior, it would also seem to be modeling for the child that violence represents an acceptable method for dealing with others. It's showing the child that you are perfectly willing to cause them to suffer. And it could even send the message that ultimately might makes right.

Although other posters in this thread may suggest they aren't bothered by having been physically punished, or that they forgive their parents for it, it might be said that such is not guaranteed. Violence is not an accepted form of conflict resolution in adult life, and if a child feels disrespected or resents you for the use or the severity of the use, of corporal punishment, then in my view they would be justified for their feelings. And if that damages the relationship between the adult and child, then it would seem to be the adult who is at fault. For my part, I don't forgive my parents for their actions. So it might be worth asking, is the value you place upon your relationship with your child such that you would be willing to risk them resenting you in the future?

Using violence against a weaker individual who has no recourse or ability to defend themselves is an easy method of getting others to do what one wants (even assume that what one wants is reasonable). What's harder is likely actually being a good parent, and more importantly a good person. If an adult can't alter a child's behavior via alternative methods, that would suggest more a lack of ability on the adult's part in my opinion, rather than a lack of options.

• I don't believe corporal punishment in the purpose of discipline is wrong for a parent to do. This is generally how a decent child is raised.

I remember one time when my mother demolished my buttox with a wooden spoon until it snapped in half for giving attitude for not practicing piano properly. It hurt like a motherf***r.

• I don't see where it can ever be right. Doesn't matter what you use.
    I don't believe obedience should be taught through fear and violence.

• This is a very circumstantial question. I think it's ok to punish a child this way as long as it's never a reactionary method (I/e make sure that the parent has a cool head first) and needs to be followed up with an explanation of why and then showing the child much love.

• Ma dad spank us with belts, fly swatter, books, woods and juz basically anything he can find lelelel including shoes 😆

• I used to hide the wooden spoons when I was little.

• 😂😂😂 I should have done this 😂😂😂

• LOL! My bro tried to outsmart my mom by putting a magazine inside his shorts to protect his bum. 😂 he got 10 extra lashes for that.

• @Awesome93 LMFAAOO Give your brother a cookie :)

• How old are there

• It's only wrong if you leave a mark.

• What kind of wood?

What Girls Said 3

• My siblings and I have been spanked with leather belts, slippers, and bare hands. My bro felt the wrath of my dads cane once. I don't think wooden spoons are that bad. Kids nowadays need more spanking in my opinion.

• Your parents are abusive with old traditional habits

• Maybe yea I get that different cultures use different ways

Where are you originally from?

• @TripleAce the middle east. Kuwait.

• Don't spank them.
    There are other methods.
    Go check out the blog the non consumer advocate.

• Nothing wrong with spanking your children