What does this poem mean?

What does this poem mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means don't pretend to love someone when it's just sex u want

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like this poem is about young love at first, but then I feel like the meaning sort of changes in the second half of the poem.

First 1/2:

The quote "Pretending that the birds are here to stay" to me, is basically stating that the honeymoon stage will come to an end.

"The dying man will scoff and scorn at this" - while the young are blinded by first loves/young love, the wiser can see that it is all an illusion. The wiser knows what comes next.

Second 1/2:

"A stone can masquerade where no heart is." - It's like there really isn't any love, but the lover is fooled into thinking the other truly does love them.

"And virgins rise where lustful Venus lay" - When you combine this with the other, I feel like the writer is trying to say that when the girl is fooled into thinking the guy loves her, she finally decides to give herself up to him, but when it comes back around to "Never try to trick me with a kiss." it's like she was betrayed and left by her "lover".

I think it's about being naive.

I dunno. I'm pretty good at analyzing poems, but this was a little tough.

What Guys Said 4

• This is definitely pointless, basically the section saying never fall in love with someone who dont love you, it makes you a fool,

Next. Section is saying players comes and goes to fool, and to not make love to someone who doesn't love you. This poem is not worth the headache.

• Never trick he or she into thinking you will be with them forever

• All poems are about love ;)

This poem says that don't try to have me if you don't love truly, don't pretend you love..
    I think it is so hard to grasp deep meaning and not worth to think about it profoundly :)))

• don't try and string me along, it won't work

What Girls Said 1

• I think to not fool her or him into believing that he or she will stay or that the "magical" feeling will last forever and she will never be brokenhearted.

Lol. I think.