Are your grandparents alive?

All 4 of my grandparents are alive, even one great-granparent at the age of 91. He was a soldier in WWII, but he actually didn't do anything but waiting just in case the Germans attacked because he was a Turkish soldier.

I'm 14. I used to wish they died so I could inherit their money, but grandpa (paternal) got heart disease and it's horrible to see how he's suffering.

The poor soul who blocked me:

Uhm, I never said they were going me a big chunk of money and say "Do what you want with this". I'm saying that if the money is theirs, it's mine. I ask for money, they give me. We inherit a lot of money, they save some for my education later on. Also, you're horribly American-centric. You don't get any rights at 21 here, it's at 18.

Most Helpful Guy

• They were all dead before I was born. So I never had any grand parents. My grandfather on my dad's side was born in 1868 so he'd be 147 if he were still alive. I'm not sure of the dates of the others, but I think they were all born between 1870-1895.

• Holy shit. Where were they from?

• Both on my Dad's side were from England. They met and were married there. They moved to Canada in the early 1900s. Then to the US shortly after that, I think around 1908-1910.

Both on my Mom's side were born in the US. They are also of English ancestry.

My father was in WW2 but didn't fight. I had a first cousin who fought in the Pacific island campaigns. He was in some of the really nasty first wave island landings. I have no idea how he survived with the stuff he was involved in. Just luck I guess.

• Wow, just like Lena! That's so exciting

Most Helpful Girl

• I only have my paternal grandma, she's like 82 and I rarely ever see her, but I almost feel like she doesn't even recognize me as her granddaughter anyway, unlike with my brother.

Oh please trust me when I tell you, no amount of money inherited makes up for not having your grandparents, it's horrible to know you don't have them to simply hug or ask questions to. My maternal grandma's death has been the hardest for me so far since it was the most recent one and I knew her the most because I was a bit older. She was a beautiful woman inside and out and I really miss her and regret not spending enough time with her. I wish I could've learned more about her life through her and that she could've stayed for a bit longer, to see me graduate high school and just know how I'm doing and stuff.
    There's this song that reminds me of her and every single time I hear it I burst out crying because it reminds me of her for some reason, but it's the only time when I allow myself to cry because then it'd get pretty bad, I think. So yeah, this is the song which probably nobody even cares about:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lORcpT89t9c

Sorry for the paragraph, but I've been really sensible and thinking about this today so yeah, just needed to vent, ig.

• It's okay. Don't worry.

What Guys Said 18

• No, all my grandparents passed away :(

• 3 of my grandparents are alive. My grandfather from my mom's side died during Vietnamese war. He was a Korean Marine who sided with the U. S force.

• My grandparents on my fathers side are alive and well
    though the ones on my mothers side both passed on.

• Hmmm... Yes my Dad's parents are alive. My mother's parents are alive, and my step dads parents are alive (I've known them since I was 3). I don't technically have a stepmom, but the lady my dad has been with for the past 10 years lost her parents to a car accident when she was much younger.

• My Grandmothers are alive, but not my Grandfathers so there. :'(.

• No. They're not.

• 3 out of the 4 are alive yeah.

• On my dad's side both are on my mom's side not so much

• The all 4 are alive elhamdlelAllah (thanks and praises to god )

• All four are still alive.

• I actually never got a chance to know my grandparents. I believe their dead according to my Dad.

• only one is, he's 83.

• Three of them are still alive.

• No. I never even met any of them :(

• No they aren't. My grandfather of my father's side died before I was born

• "I used to wish they died so I could inherit their money" you sound like a total bitch holy shit, people like you make my feel sick. how would you feel if your grand kids wanted you dead just for a little money.

• I was little, okay? I don't feel like that now

• Mine have all died.

• All of them are alive, but one of them lives in Italy, across the Atlantic Ocean.

• Then you can get Italian citizenship if you don't have it already?

• Haha, I didn't know that. Thank you.

• 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

What Girls Said 16

• 3/4 of them are. My dad's dad passed away my freshman year of college. His mom is still alive and well. Both my mom's parents are alive.

• Both my Grams are living. Never got to meet either of my pop pops.

• Thank the Lord all four of mine are alive and well. I believe they're all in their 60s.

• my dads mom died before i was even born. his dad died when i was really young, and i was shy and scared of him at the time lol. my moms mom just died last November, so i have one grandfather left who i never see

• Yes, my maternal grandmother is still alive. She's not yet 80.
    Up till Oct 2013, her mother (my granny's mother that is) was alive. She a couple days away from her 102th birthday.

• Nope they are all dead. The last one died when I was 1/12 years old. The rest all died before I was born.

• No, they all died. My grandma died before I was even born. My other grandma died in 2005 from cancer, and my grandpa died from cancer in 2007... I never met my other grandpa.

• No, 2 of them are dead but I wish they were alive.

• The money will be inherited through their own kids so your mother or father. That's a really sweet attitude.

• What does it take to show you I regret it now? Don't be sarcastic to me.

(By the way, even I still thought that way, I live with my parents. They buy stuff for me. The money is ours as a family.)

• They are not going to give a 14 year old the inheritance. Unless you come from A Blair Worldorf family you will more likely get a big sum of inheritance after college or 21.

• Most of my grandparents are alive.
    However I lost my grandfather (Very beloved and close with him) 15/06-15
    He died of terminal cancer, so I saw how the cancer drained his poor soul.
    I miss him very much.

• Three of my grandparents have died in the last 2 years. I don't talk to the only living one.

• only one, she is 88 years old. both grandfathers died before or shortly after I was born and my other grandmother died at 83 or 84 a couple of years ago.

• 4/6 I know are alive for sure. The other 2 I've never meet so I don't know.

• Both of my grandmas are alive but not my grandpas.

• only 2 of my grandparents are still alive, i never did get to meet my dads mum - cancer is a bitch

• Only my grandmother from my father's side is still alive.