Do you believe that simply smiling more everyday can help improve your mood in the long run?

Even if at first you don't feel like smilng, if you force it eventually you will improve your mood or even confidence?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, it has been scientifically proven that if you smile your mood will be boosted, even if it's a fake smile. Chemicals are triggered in your brain that make you feel happier. Also, looking at images of happy people, babies, and baby animals aid with depression. It's like your body reflects what's on the outside and then internalizes it.

• I know that smiling makes one appear more confident so I do it for that. And I like smiling at babies and old folks. I just don't like to be accused of misdeed when I do smile or be told to smile when I'm not. I must have a really mischievous looking smile!

• It seems plausible. This kitty's off to a great start.
    i306.photobucket.com/.../SmilingKitten.jpg

• I don't believe it.

• Yeah it does I think :P

• Yeah, i do.

• I think it would improve your mood somewhat (fake it till you make it, maybe?). Either way, it's an idea worth trying out!

What Guys Said 0