Why does it feel like guys can't physically attract a woman unless he's beyond good looking?

It seems like women are never physically attracted to a guy unless he's unbelievable looking. A good looking guy will rarely ever get women attracted to him or notice women checking him out. Does anyone else ever notice this? I know women's standards are really high but they are starting to seem ridiculously high now.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not entirely the case, I've seem some pretty unattractive guy get some really beautiful girls, I was even interested in someone who looked like a skeleton/drug addict. What attracts women even more than good looks is confidence. If you exude sexiness she's going to start thinking of you that way. Believe in yourself and the ladies will follow.

• It seems like most women admit at least on the internet that they still don't find them attractive but they like that they are funny, have a good job, among other things.

• Exactly, attraction is based on more than just looks. You can attract someone through smile, laughter, or even by how good you smell. I became attracted to that guy I mentioned simply because of how charismatic he was. It draws you in and later on that attraction becomes physical. You don't need to be a Rico Suave to pull girls, you just need to stand out and everything else will fall into place.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1)
    2) Everyone likes different things, and everyone has different beauty standards. An objectively attractive person does not exist. What you think is an 11/10 might not be attractive for me at all.
    3) You think they're unbelievably good-looking because many girls love them. This is not the case for all good-looking guys. How handsome they are is not the only factor.
    4) WHY DO WOMEN NOT WANT NICE GUYS? I'M A NICE GUY, WOMEN ONLY WANT BAD BOYS! is basically the same argument. You're classifying everyone else because you're not being ran over by girls who love you. Let me tell you something: it's not going to happen immediately. Maybe try approaching them if they don't approach you.

What Girls Said 1

• Its like people don't go outside.

What Guys Said 5

• I am an average looking guy and I never have a problem finding women to date. The men that women ogle are not necessarily the men that women want to date. Fir dating purposes, women look at other factors, like self-confidence, intelligence, and manners/chivalry. Be a little bit assertive, give a woman a chance to get to know you, and you will do well.

• It seems ridiculous that a guy has to do nearly everything just to get a woman to look at him.

• And women feel that it's ridiculous that guys judge them solely by their appearance. We are a ridiculous species and you and I are both members. All we can do its accept the human condition as it is and make the best of it.

• Guys kind of have to judge by that since women don't ever approach or start conversations. The woman doesn't try to contribute much.

• Well girls usually try not to show if they are looking at a guy I think. Most want us guys to approach them. They may be attracted to a guy but like I said most aren't upfront like a lot of guys are.

• This reminds me actually, wasn't there a study done for okcupid or plentyoffish or some dating website where 80% of the female users rated men on the site as under average attractiveness, whereas the men rated 60% of women on the site as over-average attractiveness?

It does seem like men have a more flexible idea for what they can find physically attractive in a girl. I wonder why that is, perhaps makeup plays a substantial role? Who knows.

• Because thats the truth.

• I'm not beyond good looking and though I rarely had strange women go for me (it did happen a few times) it was also rare for an unattached woman not to show interest if she heard me talk or saw me work. Looks are the most obvious attractive quality but not the only one or even the most important. I have intelligence, confidence, talent and wit, I'm articulate and successful, I'm cool under pressure and radiate calmness and good humor, women went for me like catnip.