Who do you think is a bigger hypocrite: a pro life meat eater or a pro-choice vegan?

To clarify: I'm a pro-life ostrovegan but I would say the pro life meat eater is a bigger hypocrite because the capacity of farm animals to reason is much greater than that of a fetus (or even an infant) and far more animals are slaughtered every year.

• Pro life meat eater
  • Pro choice vegan
@ genericname85 Yeah, animals kill other animals, but here's another news flash:they don't just kill and eat prey species but also members of their own species, so would you have a problem with Jeffery Dahmer? If so you're a hypocrite. Also, I thought I made it clear that I was an ostrovegan but, I don't own a dog. As for humans being omnivores I have to wonder if you're a vegan doing a parody to make meat eaters look stupid. Try eating a chicken the way an actual omnivore would:
Without cooking, cleaning or draining of blood where you swallow each bite whole and eat the entire animal in one sitting; you'd be lucky if you didn't choke to death. And plenty of people get nutrition solely from plants.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get what you're saying but I really think it depends on perspective. A lot of people who are prolife are prolife for religious reasons - they believe a baby is alive at the moment of conception. Humans are higher on the hierarchy ladder than animals, so from that perspective it isn't hypocritical at all. People who are pro choice do not (usually) view the fetus as alive and as human until birth so to them abortion is not killing anything while eating meat is, so from that perspective it is not hypocritical either. I can see why both could be seen as hypocritical as well, but I don't think it's fair to judge because clearly we just dont have the same beliefs as they do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think either of them is necessarily a hypocrite.

To your reasoning: the capacity of farm animals to reason is very limited due to the lack of a sophisticated language through which to represent meaning. It is more than a fetus, but many pro-life people see ramifications to treating humans the same way as animals. I cannot say I disagree, knowing that modern intellectuals even now advocate euthanasia for mentally retarded children.

To your updates: If you can accept that humans are animals, you should be able to accept that invariably act naturally; therefore whatever way humans use their asset (brainpower) is as natural as whatever way animals use their physical assets. If you believe that humans have free will and animals don't, then humans are immeasurably more burdened than animals and should not be judged in the same way.

What Girls Said 5

• pro-meat eaters are definitely bigger critics than vegans (from my experience).
    i was vegetarian for around 2 years and vegan for about 3 years. i would seriously always constantly be criticized/attacked because of my choices to leave animal products off my plate/skin etc. I wasn't the type of vegan that shoved my opinions about animal rights down other people's throats as it is their choice as to what they eat, not mine. but i don't ever recall trying to persuay anyone to become vegan. i do recall countless times being criticised and told things like "animals are on earth for us to eat" and "you're killing animals too by eating their food" etc.

• Ugh... Vegans like you are exactly why I swear I will never go vegans. Vegans are fucking annoying.

Live and let live, I say. Just like Religion. You're being that religious hippie jehivh's witness dhiving their religion down everyone's throats. Lemme tell you: no, you won't get more followers by doing this. You will get more haters, people like me. Congrats.

• None of these.
    I eat meat, I am pro choice.

• Im a pro-choice, vegan. I don't think it's comparable at all.

• Get off your soapbox.

• I ain't on a soapbox any more than a judge is ;)

What Guys Said 10

• @genericname85 As for the garden: here's another news flash: I don't own enough land to grow enogh crops to live off of. To exist with a population of 7 billion people without an enviormental impact is impossible and we couldn't feed everyone without industrialized agriculture. But here's the difference: producing meat doesn't make more food; it just wastes it because the animals have to be fed plants and burn most of the calories they're fed as fuel and only a fraction of what they eat ends up in their flesh all the while 900 million people go hungry and 8.5 million starve to death every single year. Yet people like you think it's appropriate to waste enough food to feed them 4.5 times over for no other purpose than your palate pleasure. As for your other points, read the updates to this question.

• oh so now you make multiple accounts to force your opinion on others :D that´s hilarious.

• @ TheDevilInside "Ugh... Vegans like you are exactly why I swear I will never go vegans. Vegans are fucking annoying." That's because your stuck in your self righteous world view. If you could see things from the perspective of your victims, then you would be vegan in a heartbeat. "Live and let live, I say." EXACTLY :D Lets all live an let live and not make others die just because we have our head stuck so far up our own ass that we would believe that satisfying our taste buds could justify taking the life of ANOTHER animal. Live and let live is what you say but it's what I do (actions speak louder than words ;). "Just like Religion. You're being that religious hippie jehivh's witness dhiving their religion down everyone's throats." 1st : it's Jehovah's witnesses (learn to spell) second, the claims of the religious can never be verified yet the suffering of the billions of animals who perish every year in the meat industry is something you can see with your own two eyes.

• @TheDevilInside "Lemme tell you: no, you won't get more followers by doing this. You will get more haters, people like me. Congrats." I could care less if people like you hate me. If you look a history one thing becomes painfully obvious: proponents of cruelty will always hate proponents of compassion. Their minds are locked shut to even basic logic and empathy. You cannot change their minds no matter how hard you try; you can only show how weak and frivolous their position is to others :)

• I'm a pro-choice meat eater, so I guess that means I'm a bad boy 😔

• i don´t care. have it your way and don´t make others do your way. that´s my attitude.

• Whenever you eat meat you make others do your way in that you force animals to suffer and die in appalling conditions for no other purpose than your culinary satisfaction. I can't tell you how many times meat eaters have said that people should keep their eating habits to themselves and my response is this: I do keep my eating habits to myself and do you know why? Because I won't make an innocent animal suffer just because I like the way that its flesh tastes, and if you feel that way you should do the same.

• ugh you still ain't telling me anything new here... "news flash" animals kill animals too and on top of it, they are also cruel and don´t just kill to eat.
      are you one of those vegans who will put their dog on a vegi diet too? we are omivores and we can´t get certain nutrition solely from plants.
      i guess if you can´t be ok with me eating meat it´s just too bad for you then... sorry.

• but i guess you´re having your own garden and only grow your own food so you can be sure you are no hypocrit by consuming food that has been produced in a environent endangering manner right?

• I think the vegan.

• Actually, it is both.

• I only eat meat, vegetables need to stay in the ground where they belong.

• But living off meat requires more vegetable mater to be consumed.

• You have to feed animals vegetables to grow meat

• I still won't consume meat. It does not effect me if animals don't.

• It depends why they're vegan, it might not be hypocritical at all depending on their reason.

• You're opposed to abortion at any stage? Even before there's any nervous system? Yet you eat mussels?

• I don't have a problem with it before there's a nervous system BUT if it was either that all abortions are legalized or none are, I would prefer that none be legalized.

• Oh okay, most pro-lifers don't see it that way.

• Neither, I fail to see how these are related in any way.

• i eat everything and i dont judge anyone for what they eat or what they believe... animals are animals, if they are treated remotely decently it's fine to eat them, there are many places that raise their animals humanely, they are more expensive but that's fair

• Oh you don't judge anyone for what they eat? Well, then tell me, would you judge Jefferey for what he eats? Animals are animals (no kidding lol) but here's a news flash: humans are animals. The number one problem with the way people approach the animal rights "debate" is that they talk about humans and animals like WE'RE two separate things; WE'RE not. Humans ARE animals and while there is some debate over whether or not some groups of animals are conscious in the same sense that we are, the worlds leading neuroscientists are in agreement that at the very least birds and mammals are and as such they experience pain and suffering EXACTLY like we do. Get that: it's not a matter of vegans BELIEVing that slaughtering animals for culinary satisfaction is as morally wrong as killing humans for the same reason but that it IS morally wrong in the same sense that things like the holocaust was wrong (only on a scale thousands of times worse than the holocaust)

• And if an animals is treated with remotely decently it's not fine to eat them anymore than if a Jew was treated with remote decency it was OK for the Nazis to kill him or her. And I cannot reiterate this point enough: this is not a matter of what it "think" or "believe" but that it's just the way that it is.

• Pro life meat eater lol.