He cheated on his girlfriend with me. Was it just a fling , boredom or he actually feels something for me? Why won`t he break up with her?

We used to be really good friends in high school , but we always had this chemistry and I always liked him more than a friend. We never talked about it and end up being just friends even though we kissed once. First year of college we started to lose touch and barely speak until we were not talking anymore. He started dating his actual girlfriend (they have 2 years relationship now ). Beginning of this summer he texted me and we started to chat like there was no 3 year gap between us , we started to hang out and chat everyday for hours. Then we went out for a drink and all of a sudden he kisses me. After that we continued to chat and hang out mostly at night and we had some makeout sessions ( we never had sex) This lasted for 3 weeks. Then one night I gather all the courage I had ( I`m really shy) and asked him about his girlfriend. And he said he didn`t know how to tell me because he wasn`t sure if I knew he had a girlfriend. And he doesn't feel what he should feel for her , he cares for her but nothing more. Even from the beginning he didn`t feel much but hoped he will. So now he is stuck in this relationship but doesn`t know how to break up with her , he has no real reasons because she never did anything wrong ( only small fights). He doesn`t want to hurt her. . But he wants to do it, he`s been planning it for a long time. He seems like he feels something for me , he kept giving me compliments, or that he finds some quality i have atractive in a girl. So I told him that we should stop seeing each other like this , we can still talk if he wants to but I feel too guilty about this , I`m not that kind of person ( he said he feels like this too ) . He agreed and after that night we haven`t spoke for a week. Now we started talking again but I feel a distance between us , we only chat like 10 minutes and it takes a long time for him to answer. I dont know what to do. Does he feels something for me? Was it just sexual? Will he break up with her? Can`t read his mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• "So now he is stuck in this relationship but doesn`t know how to break up with her" no. He's not stuck. He's just a spineless coward who can't end it. And if he 'cheated' on his girlfriend for you, what makes you think there won't come a time when he will be 'stuck' in a relationship with you and won't know how to brake it off so he will kiss someone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same situation girl, I feel you

What Guys Said 1

• He cheated on his girlfriend with you. If you become his girlfriend, then he will __________ on you. Can you fill in the blank?

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't see someone that has a girlfriend what if he does the same to you with another girl.