Do you ever feel embarrased for the things you're good at?

I always try not to talk about my talents and stuff cause I feel awkward when people bring it up. I'm good/talented in a lot of stuff and I'm a fast learner so anything new I adapt to real fast. I'm smart (everyday stuff, science, biology, history,...), handy, good at languages, I can sing, act, draw, paint, am good in lots of sports, cooking, social skills, games,... People often comment saying 'is there something you can't do?' even when they only found out bout half of the things I can. I really don't want to sound conceited that's why I ussally deny these talents or don't mention them when people ask. Anyone else who feels this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel embarrassed, but I don't talk about them as much as I should. I'm a humble guy, I very rarely brag so I don't really talk too much about what I'm good at, but I'm trying to change that cause if you never talk about it, people are gonna think you're not good at anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to. But I feel like I'm wasting things.

It's like having 20 packs of extensive fireworks but never using them. What a waste ;(

A talent is a gift. It's a beautiful thing. You should use it and flaunt it >:D especialy if you're really good at what you do.

Just never rub it on other people's faces. Just do your thing girl.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't see why the skills I have should be the things I feel embarrassed about. I like my skills. I don't try showing off but I definitely feel happy that I have those skills.
    You should feel proud of yourself. You accomplished a great deal of things and picked up a lot of skills. Be proud of yourself.

• I know what you mean - You don't want to seem up yourself. If I get praise I wouldn't go as far as denying but would definitely play it down.

• I am not embarrassed that I am good at being a pervert.

• Yeah cause somtimes it comes off as bragging 😭

What Girls Said 2

• People will hate you no matter what. If you are good at things people will be jealous of you and if you are bad people will say you are boring and incompetent. Just be happy being you and let it be.

• You should never be ashamed of your hobbies or the things you're good at.

Other girls used to laugh at me because I was fond of programming and computer science, now it's my daily job.