Whats your opinion on promise rings?

there's a poll. very simple
but if you are feeling vocal... share your thoughts!!

im bored so im asking!

• Cute
  • Stupid
So basically everyone is in the middle with promise rings... Lol

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're silly. I'd rather an engagement ring. I don't wear jewelry and if and when I get engaged I will have to make a conscious effort to wear the ring every day. I'm notorious for taking things off to shower and leaving them in the bathroom lol

BUT if both see the value in it then that's them.

What Guys Said 6

• I thought the engagement ring was the promise ring

• yes but some people use promise rings to promise commitment if they are against marrying (because for some people a paper doesn't = i love you)
      or some use it as a pre-engagement ring because they want commitment but not full on commitment i guess?
      or too poor for a wedding and/or fancy engagement ring so they buy a cheap rinky ring as a promise

• so then weddings are stupid also

• I want my wife to wear one because she wants to not because I need a symbol that she loves me

• Not my thing, but it's cute and stupid at the same time

• Pointless. You're either engaged or you're not.

• I would say cute - It is up to the individual couple whether to have them or not.

• Cute! and yet another thing to lose.

• pretty stupid, you can promise you don't have to spend money

What Girls Said 8

• I think they're cute, but wouldn't necessarily run out to get them.

• I think they're useless and stupid. Just because you wear a ring it doesn't mean that you will be faithful to the person you're committed to.

• Pretty stupid at this point. I want a partner and perhaps have a child, not some lovey dovey talk of loving me forever and more bs.

I think that's for people in HS or in their very early 20's. Plus who knows if you're even going to still be with them the next year or so.

• They’re cute, but a little pointless, unless the guy and girl are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY serious (add a few more “really”s please) and……………. yeah. But to be like that is near impossible to find. Okay, maybe not true, but I don’t really know! Just my opinion…don’t make a promise you aren’t sure you can keep. Fate keeps us on our toes.

• I think they're stupid. :/

• Im neither here nor there with them.

• I've never had a promise ring so I don't know what to say about it :/

• If both parts consider it an important thing, then it's cool and I have absolutely no say in it.
    Speaking for myself, I was never a fan of such things.
    I believe promises can easily break.