Should I tell the principal at my school about this?

I know this might not be something THAT serious but I just want this to stop. My guy bestfriend like EVERYDAY he waits by my locker and let me get my stuff out and carries it for me until I get to my classroom and then gives my stuff back and hugs me. He also walks with me to my bus with me and he doesn't even ride my bus. I know I might seem rude but it's just getting REALLY annoying. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to do this stuff but he's always like "Nah I'm good, I just want to show you that I'm a good friend". Also what else is really annoying is that people keep on asking us if we go out or if we're boyfriend or girlfriend and I'm getting tired of it. So should I tell the principal at my school about this? By the way, I don't even know this guy that well we only talk a few times but he's like my bestfriend, I think he still likes me because he asked me out like 2 times already and I said no. I know some of you might have heard me say that and I don't mind you answering again :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to come out and just say it to him. You don't have to be rude about it but just say something like "I know you are trying to be helpful but I want to carry my own things and walk to places on my own". Then say "this does not mean we can't be friends, you can talk to me in class but I don't really want to be followed around." You need to just come out and say it if you want him to back off a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• @Ashely_Princess, just saw this Now, and you may Not want to hear this here, dear, but You are The Only One who can make him stop, by Telling him straight Out... STOP.
    Everyone, Every Elder, even when you are Out on your own someday, will not go to bat for you nor fight your battles here, dear.
    Yes, a few times I have answered this for you, and sticking to my own guns the First few times, I am still Holding on to my Holster that you Need To Get... Bolder.
    Tell him to please, stop all of this or you will be Forced, with a carrot over the horsie's nose to go to the.. Prncipal.
    Good luck. x

• The more you "Lead' him on with just allowing him to lend a helping hand, he will keep coming back, this man. xx

• Thank you so much, @Ashely_Princess, for More MHO and do not sharing it with @Applefan1 in the spotlight.:)) xxoo

• @Paris13 you're welcome

What Guys Said 10

• A lot of conflict from you. You don't want him to be a gentleman and him doing so makes you annoyed. But he's like your best friend even though you don't talk much. Well, do you like him as boyfriend material or not?

• No I don't :/

• When he tries to take your books don't let him and if he does take them demand them back, loudly

• Thanks for the tip :)

• Just let him know you'd prefer to do all those things yourself but you appreciate that he just want to be helpful. I think going to the principal at this point would be a little over kill.

• True and thanks for answering

• First: He's not your best friend; he's an admirer. Know the difference.
    Second: You should try telling him that you absolutely don't want him to do that ever again. It's natural that he keeps on doing it if you only told him it wasn't necessary. Be sure to use words that mean what you actually want to say. Only if you can't get this guy to understand you is that you should talk to the principal.

• Hello, dear. You've already told him that you don't need help several times but he still keeps on insisting and you are getting REALLY annoyed by his attention. It's time to give him a last warning. It sounds like you are at the point where you are about to explode. Tell him to leave you alone face to face. He doesn't see you as a friend. Your choice is to date him or leave him. I personally think it's very hard to maintain a friendship with him

• Ask him straight forward to leave you alone. Not with any hints, tell him straight that you don't like it that he is always following you. Tell him that "We shall be good friends, but I don't really like it that you are following me everywhere". It's not a good idea to complain it to a third person like the principal (that will only make him bitter at you). But, your freedom is your own, and he is no one to take it away.

• How come he if your best friend is you don't know him that well?

Anyways looks like this guy if interested in you and so is doing all this things for you

• If you didn't directly and explicitly tell him to stop walking u around places so much because it is annoying you,

you have no grounds for the principal to do anything.

---

You have to STOP being so damn shy and start speaking up about things that bother you. People, especially guys that fancy you, will use your meekness as your weakness, and will socially pressure u to do and tolerant things u don't like.

• Tell him to please stop. If that doesn't work tell the principal.

• If it gets any worse, then maybe you may need to talk to him about it

• This question is so fucked up

What Girls Said 6

• You need to be straightforward with him. Tell him you appreciate his help, but that you want to carry your own things and walk to places on your own. As of right now, you haven't made that clear, and it's obvious he likes you. He'll continue to do those things until you're upfront with him about what you want.

• Oh god I hate when guys give me help when I specifically said I don't need it. Same with following me around. I went to prom with a guy as friends who acted like that and my prom was a let down because I only liked him as a friend and he clearly liked me more and it was really annoying when people asked me if we were dating. My prom was not nearly as magical as I wanted it to be, and I was just excited someone had actually me that I said yes. I ended up looking like Ron Weasley glaring at Viktor Krum as he danced with Hermione at every couple that walked by.

My advice is don't end up like me. Make your point clear that you can do things yourself, don't need a chaffeur, and he is too clingy.

• Thanks for the advice

• I would just tell him to stop, that it is annoying. Don't make it an unnecessarily big problem, involving the principal. If he doesn't stop then I would tell somebody, but just tell him to stop first.

• The same thing happened to me when I was 14. The guy had asked be out twice too and I told him no. He was nice the whole entire school year too. Although next year he quit speaking to me..😐

• no ya nark wtf man... he's only trying to me helpfull jeezzzz

• Oh ok thanks for answering

• Ok you SAY he's your best friend but you don't know him that well.
    Huh?

• Well he's like my bestfriend :P