Have you ever asked someone if they liked you when you didn't like them?

Like you just had a suspicion they liked you so you asked them if they did even if you did not feel the same?

Ever done that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup.

My friend in HS liked me. All my friends told me he did. And I was very suspicious. I was also very taken. So I, being the polite, courteous, delicate, human being that I am... called him on it. Straight up went up and was like, "You like me, right?"

And he goes, "Yeah,"

And I then proceeded to be gentle and kind and go, "Well you know I don't like you back and that I'm taken, right?"

>.< HS me was NOT the best at handling situations like that. Pretty sure I inflicted emotional scarring and damage galore on that poor kid.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't done so, no. I'd kind of feel like I was egging them on if I did that.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thats good.

• Let me ask you, do you think its rare for someone to do this? like why would they ask this if they didn't like you?

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Sort of...

I liked the guy back, but I didn't tell him I did, but I knew he liked me but wanted verbal confirmation. He told me that he did and I didn't say it back. I regret doing that, but it's in the past now. :/

0|1
    0|0
    • When was this? high school?

• Show All
    • Can i ask you though, when a girl asks you if you like her, think 9 times out of 10 she probably likes you?

• Yeah, I would say so. Most wouldn't ask that unless they may have feelings back. I wouldn't. I asked the guy if he liked me because I did like him back even though I didn't tell him. If a girl asks that, then I would think she does.

• Yes, when I was like 10 I asked this guy if he liked me. But of course since 10 year olds are so simple-minded, he took it as me liking him and then spread it across the entire school. Ended up being teased for it too. Ah well.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because if they say yes that's really awkward.
    Its like "hey do you like me? "
    " yeah why? Do you have feelings for me too?"
    "Nope lol sike"

1|1
    0|0
  • No I don't do that.. that's just stupid and cruel

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol, no :) I don't ask someone if they like me when I don't have feelings for him. Simply because it will be really awkward if he said yes.. lol. I'd rather not know

0|1
    0|0
  • No.
    I do keep in mind that some people are naturally flirty.
    Sometimes social anxiety turns people into flirts, social butterflies, or pretty much the opposite of who they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I have. I found out they did and it was that awkward moment where they asked me if I liked them back and I had to say, "as a friend, yeah" I felt like such a bitch for that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Seriously? No. Jokingly, yeahh.. ><

0|1
    0|0
    • And what did the guy say when you jokingly asked him? :P

• Show All
    • So you just wanted to find out? or just to mess with him i guess? lol

• Lol I forgot.. we were just playing at that time

• no. that would be leading them on.

0|1
    0|0
  • i have never asked a guy if he likes me. that's the weirdest thing ever lol. if he likes me, he can tell me and ill listen and make my feelings known with utmost respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd be too afraid they'd think that meant I liked them and ask me out.
    I'm just as afraid of rejecting someone as I am being rejected. :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I could tell a lot from stuff he did, a few other people told me, and it was making our friendship awkward, so I asked him if he had a crush on someone. It didn't make anything awkward, just cleared a few things up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Can't say that I have ever done that. If I had a suspicion that they did like me, but I didn't like them, that would be kind of a mean thing to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, one of my male friends acted weird around me, so I asked him if he liked me. Spoiler: he did.

0|1
    0|0
    • And did you? how did you react after he told you?

• Show All
    • Did you start avoiding him?

• Not really. We did drift apart after, but that wasn't because he liked me and I didn't like him back. He just started being moppy, complaining a lot, and doing some things that were annoying me, even though I asked him to stop. I guess these character traits have always been in him, the rejection just brought them out, so I had to shut him off a little eventually because I was tired of dealing with someone who brings so much negativity in my life.

• Nope I haven't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I never ask people if they like me.

It's kind of an awkward question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I've intentionally treated them worse or acted around them worse so they would stop liking me :/

0|1
    0|0
  • No, that would be weird and awkward. I have not done that.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Nope never. When i don't like a girl and she likes me, in my mind, i'm almost always 100% sure she does so no need to ask her and also have nothing to do with her. But when i really like a girl, no matter how strong are the signs she keeps sending me and how many times she approaches me and expresses interest, i would still sometimes question things and be in big doubts.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I have never done that. I never do that. .

0|1
    0|0
  • no. seems kind of silly to do so

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Regardless of their answer, it is pointless to me. If I had the slightest need to ask the question, then probably they have a thing for me, and it would do more harm to egg them on by asking this question.

If I don't like you back then I shall not act as if I liked you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol why would I ask someone if they like me when I have no feelings towards them?

And usually women just tell me whether they do or not, and I always make my feelings or lack of them clear to them, kindly and respectfully.

0|0
    0|0
  • My balls aren't big enough to ask.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I've done that.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Well believe it or not this shit actually happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and the girl was 31

• Lol.. smash and get out.

• Can't say I have, even if i thought it I wouldn't, that's a bit full on for me haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I never ask that, because I know women will never like me.

0|1
    0|0