Have you ever asked someone if they liked you when you didn't like them?

Like you just had a suspicion they liked you so you asked them if they did even if you did not feel the same?

Ever done that?

1911

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup.

My friend in HS liked me. All my friends told me he did. And I was very suspicious. I was also very taken. So I, being the polite, courteous, delicate, human being that I am... called him on it. Straight up went up and was like, "You like me, right?"

And he goes, "Yeah,"

And I then proceeded to be gentle and kind and go, "Well you know I don't like you back and that I'm taken, right?"

>.< HS me was NOT the best at handling situations like that. Pretty sure I inflicted emotional scarring and damage galore on that poor kid.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't done so, no. I'd kind of feel like I was egging them on if I did that.

• Thats good.

• Let me ask you, do you think its rare for someone to do this? like why would they ask this if they didn't like you?

What Girls Said 18

• Sort of...

I liked the guy back, but I didn't tell him I did, but I knew he liked me but wanted verbal confirmation. He told me that he did and I didn't say it back. I regret doing that, but it's in the past now. :/

• When was this? high school?

• Can i ask you though, when a girl asks you if you like her, think 9 times out of 10 she probably likes you?

• Yeah, I would say so. Most wouldn't ask that unless they may have feelings back. I wouldn't. I asked the guy if he liked me because I did like him back even though I didn't tell him. If a girl asks that, then I would think she does.

• Yes, when I was like 10 I asked this guy if he liked me. But of course since 10 year olds are so simple-minded, he took it as me liking him and then spread it across the entire school. Ended up being teased for it too. Ah well.

• No because if they say yes that's really awkward.
    Its like "hey do you like me? "
    " yeah why? Do you have feelings for me too?"
    "Nope lol sike"

• No I don't do that.. that's just stupid and cruel

• Lol, no :) I don't ask someone if they like me when I don't have feelings for him. Simply because it will be really awkward if he said yes.. lol. I'd rather not know

• No.
    I do keep in mind that some people are naturally flirty.
    Sometimes social anxiety turns people into flirts, social butterflies, or pretty much the opposite of who they are.

• Yeah I have. I found out they did and it was that awkward moment where they asked me if I liked them back and I had to say, "as a friend, yeah" I felt like such a bitch for that.

• Seriously? No. Jokingly, yeahh.. ><

• And what did the guy say when you jokingly asked him? :P

• So you just wanted to find out? or just to mess with him i guess? lol

• Lol I forgot.. we were just playing at that time

• no. that would be leading them on.

• i have never asked a guy if he likes me. that's the weirdest thing ever lol. if he likes me, he can tell me and ill listen and make my feelings known with utmost respect.

• No, I'd be too afraid they'd think that meant I liked them and ask me out.
    I'm just as afraid of rejecting someone as I am being rejected. :(

• Yeah, I could tell a lot from stuff he did, a few other people told me, and it was making our friendship awkward, so I asked him if he had a crush on someone. It didn't make anything awkward, just cleared a few things up.

• Nope. Can't say that I have ever done that. If I had a suspicion that they did like me, but I didn't like them, that would be kind of a mean thing to do.

• Yeah, one of my male friends acted weird around me, so I asked him if he liked me. Spoiler: he did.

• And did you? how did you react after he told you?

• Did you start avoiding him?

• Not really. We did drift apart after, but that wasn't because he liked me and I didn't like him back. He just started being moppy, complaining a lot, and doing some things that were annoying me, even though I asked him to stop. I guess these character traits have always been in him, the rejection just brought them out, so I had to shut him off a little eventually because I was tired of dealing with someone who brings so much negativity in my life.

• Nope I haven't.

• Nope. I never ask people if they like me.

It's kind of an awkward question.

• Nope, but I've intentionally treated them worse or acted around them worse so they would stop liking me :/

• No, that would be weird and awkward. I have not done that.

What Guys Said 10

• Nope never. When i don't like a girl and she likes me, in my mind, i'm almost always 100% sure she does so no need to ask her and also have nothing to do with her. But when i really like a girl, no matter how strong are the signs she keeps sending me and how many times she approaches me and expresses interest, i would still sometimes question things and be in big doubts.

• No, I have never done that. I never do that. .

• no. seems kind of silly to do so

• No. Regardless of their answer, it is pointless to me. If I had the slightest need to ask the question, then probably they have a thing for me, and it would do more harm to egg them on by asking this question.

If I don't like you back then I shall not act as if I liked you.

• Lol why would I ask someone if they like me when I have no feelings towards them?

And usually women just tell me whether they do or not, and I always make my feelings or lack of them clear to them, kindly and respectfully.

• My balls aren't big enough to ask.

• Yeah I've done that.

• Age: 32? Are you serious right now?

• Well believe it or not this shit actually happened to me about 3 weeks ago, and the girl was 31

• Lol.. smash and get out.

• Can't say I have, even if i thought it I wouldn't, that's a bit full on for me haha

• I never ask that, because I know women will never like me.