Will middle school cheerleading be like this?

so my sister is going into 7th grade and she want to do cheerleading because i do gymnastics and its similar. she's never been in cheerleading so i wanted to know if cheer will be something like this for her? P. S this isn't the school she's going to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not lol. Unless your school is known for its cheerleading squad then no. I know my middle school won't let them do any of the tossing people things or whatever (idk he terminology) until high school, and I know for a fact that they don't do any of the flips or stuff. But I don't go to your school so I could be completely wrong.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it could be.

What Girls Said 1

• for the most part, yes. i was a cheerleader in junior high. obviously it depends on how good of a team your school has, but most won't be as good as this one. for one, most teams can't do that much tumbling. most teams also don't have as many good stunt groups as that. if you don't know what a stunt group is, it's when the three girls put one of the girls in the air (she's called the flyer). most middle school teams can't go in to fulls, which is when the girls on the bottom (the bases and backspot) lift up the girl all the way so their arms are extended. a half, which most middle school teams tend to do, is when the flyer only goes up to about shoulder length of the girls below.

plus, this looks like a competition. most middle schools don't go to competitions, and if they do, they probably won't go to many. more often than not it's just sideline cheers and halftime routines for other sporting events.

tell me if i need to clarify anything haha i think i explained it well for the most part, but i don't know how much you know about cheering haha.