Why would my guy bestfriend randomly ask me out?

Let me tell you people what my guy bestfriend does. He gives me handshakes like everyday. He says hey when he walks by me in the hallway. He's a nice guy because he's nice to all girls :) Today, in class he had said "hey do you want to go out with me" and I said no and he said "Why" and I said "Because..." and he said "Do you just not want a boyfriend" and I said "I do but.. I just you know.."" then we had stopped talking for a while. Then I told him that I'll think about it because I really do like him that way and he said ok. Although I told him that he should go out with this girl name Heaven in our class because I thought he liked her and he said "Actually she's just my friend" and I said "oh" Then a few minutes later he had got up and then when he was going back to his seat he had touched my ponytail and smiled at me. So why would my guy bestfriend randomly ask me out? By the way THIS IS NOT THE SAME GUY BESTFRIEND THAT FOLLOWS ME AROUND, IT'S ANOTHER ONE.

• He probably just wants to use you
  • He probably just likes you but didn't say anything until today

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he has had a crush on you for a long time now and today he has built up enough courage to ask you out. His body actions are also matching what he is saying to. He is touching you and that is a big sign a guy likes you when he does that. You said you like him back, maybe you should go out with him and let yourself enjoy the attention. :)

• @Applefan1 eh maybe I will, I'll think about it. Thanks for answering :)

• Thank you for MHA Ashley. :)

• You're welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems, like the Last 'GUY' @Ashely_Princess, tha the too does Not spark your interest as well here, dear. However, being you are always this Hardest apple for any boy to grab at the top of the tree, he finds you the juiciest and Worth the climb and time.
    He probably has had this crush on you for some time now, with his 'Handshakes' and Other sure signs of the writing on the school wall and all, but you have either not paid him any mind or as of Now... You realize he is just not your style with is smile.
    You have suggested another girl but he is Not Into her. He is probably hoping you might give him a Try because he is a Nice Guy.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks :)

• @Paris13 thanks

• Oh, my pleasure, treasure @Ashely_Princess :)) xxoo

What Guys Said 6

• The guy finally build up the courage to ask you out.

• Oh cool thanks for answering :)

• Your at that age where boys go insane

• Lol thanks for answering Jared :)

• I liked her , she was a good friend, I had two free entrances for a show. Using her? It happened two times, with two girls, I never asked a kiss. (didn't get one either)

• Oh and thanks for answering

• Definitely what applefan1 said

• Lol thanks for answering

• Guys are taught that to get a girl, they need to become best friends with them first. However, by doing that, they will not often achieve what they want. By that time girls are so comfortable as friends that it is weird to go past that.

• True thanks for answering

• Hah he sounds like a champ

• Seriously tho, does your school have a freaking fan club for u or something?

• Lol and I don't know :P

What Girls Said 4

• Hiiii little sis!
    I think your best friend has always liked you but never told you until today. Him touching your ponytail is a way of flirting with you.😜

• lol he probably likes u

however im really the kind of a girl that has a foot back when it comes to guys at that age.

• That is so cute! (him touching your ponytail)
    Your best friend obviously likes you and he was attempting to flirt with you.
    He has probably been into you all along.
    So will you give him a chance?

• Hmm maybe and thanks for answering

• You're welcome!

• Are you retarded?

• No I'm not retarded, I'm just asking this question

• Oh wait you're just 14, never mind xD