Are you a feminist?

if not, why? i wanna drag some hoes

Most Helpful Girl

• hell fucking yeah i am, why the fuck would anyone be anti equal rights? i don't really have time for anyone who isn't

What Guys Said 10

• because feminism is the "female equal rights movements" we have equal rights, feminism is obsolete. the whole "equality" argument nowadays is pure bullshit. it´s never been about equal rights because men are out of the equasion.

• Nope, not really. The problem with feminism is that it claims to be about equality and yet fights for something completely different. The past few times I read up on it on the net were all about self victimization and man-hating.

• I fully support full gender equality on both sides but I don't really know if I would label myself as a feminist

• Actually, yeah, I am a feminist

• You can't be a true feminist unless you support both women's right AND mens rights

• Just supporting women's rights makes you a WRA, a women's rights activist. Just supporting mens rights makes you a MRA, a mens rights activist. Supporting both makes you a feminist.

• Haha no not in any way shape or form.

• why?

• Because it's a corrupt organization that no longer resembles the group it used to be or the core conceptions that came with it's creation.

• Nope, I'm not.

• I used to be but now, no. I've read plenty of feminist blogs and articles and I don't agree with mainstream feminism.

• Feminism is for HOES that is plain and simple. i have never seen a good girl calling herself a feminist.

Feminists are bunch of lonely women, and guess why? because normal people are too busy loving normal people. if you think men hate women or that men treat women like object. you are not aware of the world.

• did someone reject u? did someone hurt u? do u need some cuddles?

• lmao someone is trying to boost his morale, what i said was absolute true, you don't need to beat around the bush.

• Men don't give a fuck about feminism to be honest.

• No because women are superior to men.

• that's not our movement is about. we're about equality. :)

• "that's not our movement is about. we're about equality. "

Very few seem to believe that.

• Exactly, the sooner we accept that, the sooner we're going to have better relationships and a more peaceful world. (men are also way more violent)

Too bad some stupid men think that they're being emasculated or whatever, and create a scene.

*sigh*

• I do want females to be equal of males. But I hate those feminist people who don't want to see other side of coin and ignores everything & hate males with passion. Does that make me feminist?

• sure. just as long as your with the movement. feminism also helps men in ways, but many people are too ignorant to see that.

• Well you can't be a true feminist unless you both support women's rights AND mens rights

• @ShayanMortazavi I said I support "=" bruh

What Girls Said 7

• yes I am
    but not in the misinterpreted way (that we are supposed to be bitter man haters).

Meaning: I LOVE men and see myself as an equal to them, no more, no less. Feminism means, to have the right to choose ones own life and act on ones personal preferences. For instance, a married woman who genuinely wants to be in a traditional man works/woman housewife kind of set up is as much of a feminist as a woman who is completely career oriented and single. As long as it is HER own free-willed choice and she is happy with it, everything is good.
    I still believe in chivalry and will gladly wash my mans clothes, but I will also gladly pay my half of any bill and change a flat tire by myself.

I think that women who bark at a man for holding a door for her (because how DARE he think she cannot do it on her own) have misunderstod what feminism is about. It is about freedom, not being compulsively dominant or resentful and offended.

• Man haters are misandrists, not feminists

• @shayanmortazavi exactly, but many people can't tell the difference because they simply don't really understand what feminism is.

• I am not because women want the same rights as men but if that's what they really wanted they would either be okay with their new hardships or trying to fight for men too. If they were it would no longer make sense to be referred to as a feminist but rather and equalist.

• I believe in gender equality, but I am not a feminist. Primarily, this is because feminism (not in theory, but in practice) is not about gender equality.

• yes it is? women are often seen as objects for men to use. i'm not sure about you but I don't want to be seen as an object men can throw around, use sexually, then dump whenever they please.

• nah i am not a feminist..

• Buckle up, baby, you're going to get flamed. At least you went anonymous; you won't be getting it in your inbox.

• I've realised. most people on here are ignorant. Are you one tho?

• @ShayanMortazavi learn to comment on your own opinions, please.

• @ShayanMortazavi I already picked one.

• I'm a feminist because I believe that all genders are equal :)

• yess! everyone on gag is saying that we're male hating psychos. we just want equality

• you're really woke. keep doin what ur doin

• Feminists that go to the extreme are misandrists, not feminists

• I like that you're so straightforward about your intentions, haha.

Technically, yeah, but I prefer the term egalitarian because it clarifies that I don't prioritize female rights over anyone else's. All groups' equal rights are just as important in my eyes. Regardless of feminism's actual definition, most people don't seem to see it that way, so I'm choosing the label that communicates it best. :P

• thats like saying all lives matter instead of black lives matter, we do not hate men, or want to take their rights. we're just targeting a problem that only affects women. women are often seen as sex objects, incapable, and useless in the media. people often think that we want to be the dominate gender. in this world men are seen as the dominate gender and "Better" than women. feminism is to try and get women the rights men have.

• At no point did I say anything disagreeing with your comment. Until now, because it is not like saying all lives matter. I don't use the label egalitarian to counter feminism, or to delegitimize it, or to criticize it. I use it to communicate my broader perspective, and I readily acknowledge that feminism does technically fall under it by nature. If I am discussing women's equality, of course I'm not going to be constantly inserting "YEAH BUT EVERYONE MATTERS." I will focus on the issue at hand and give it the attention it deserves, which is not what the "all lives matter" people do.

I don't think most feminists are crazy, but I think it's a lot easier to discuss these things with people when they don't jump down your throat for your label. It's the people who aren't as receptive to feminism that I need to communicate with.