Court Weddings, Yay or Nay?

My Boyfriend and i have been dating for 7 years and we've recently been talking about marriage

he wants to have a court weddinf and i'm not to sure about that because i've always had the typical girl girl fantasy of Walking down the ilse of the church

What do you think of a court wedding as opposed to a church wedding?

• Church Wedding
  • Court Wedding

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably wants it because traditional weddings tend to be very expensive. You could always marry in court and then later on have the wedding ceremony if you'd like. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would rather a wedding outside. I'm not a big fan of having my wedding in a church. A hotel? Yes. Outside? Yes. Church? Nah. Court? Definitely nah. You only get married once. And come on. You're a girl. This is what most girls dream of and the fact that he wants to take that dream away from you isn't cool. Yes, you could say that you are being inconsiderate of him, but personally I feel he is being pretty inconsiderate of how you feel. Even if you don't voice your opinions, after 7 years of being together, he should know how you feel without even having to ask.

What Guys Said 6

• as opposed to a church wedding?

hahaha

there is no fucking comparison

• Technically there is considering Church Weddings are big fancy and expensive where as a court wedding is short and to the point with spending verry little to no money there

• i meant it in 1 sense only, the grand experience of it all, i should have clarified.

• It's the only kind I'd ever consider. I don't truck with the traditional marriage bullshit fantasy for a lot of reasons, but if I met someone I thought I'd be spending most of my life with, I'd probably want the financial benefits that come with it. I'll never walk down the aisle of a church.

• It's your one moment you can never have back! It's your fantasy! Tell him you want your wedding... its really more of a girls fantasy than a guy's... the wedding

• Church if you're doing it for the religion. I'm an atheist and I don't really want to get married but it'd be a court wedding if I had to since I'm not marrying for something I don't believe in.

• Not Church actually but Mosque. I am Muslim. And want a gathering.

• Court weddings are better than any kind of traditional wedding.

What Girls Said 3

• Church wedding. For me, not only is a wedding something that I (and most girls) have dreamed of, but it is the symbol of two families fully coming together (under God, if those are your beliefs) through the bond of marriage. If you feel like it's just the next step in your relationship, and there is no deeper meaning for you or him, then sure, a court marriage is much more fiscally doable. But to me, a wedding is more than just the piece of paper, which is why I would want a church wedding.

• I'm in the same boat. Weddings are expensive but I think it's worth it to save up and have the wedding I've always wanted, but a much smaller cheaper version of course. If you want to do a court wedding now and then A ceremony In A year that an option but I only want to get married once.

• Church weddings are better.