Where do you keep all your important documents?

Your birth certificate, medical paperwork, old yearbooks... Where do you keep it all? I store everything in my closets but I have so much paperwork that it's starting to get in the way, does everyone else have so much or do you just keep the essentials?

Most Helpful Guy

• All my non-official documents I scan then keep on a personal server at home; which I perform backups on nightly and store the external backup drives in a safety deposit box at my bank. The essential paperwork such as birth certificates and old yearbooks I keep in one of those home Sentry safes that is fire resistant, water resistant and bolted to the wall. Some of the other stuff that I don't use as frequently goes to the safety deposit box at the bank. Not the best strategy but it seems to work so far.

• I read quite a few reviews on amazon about the sentry safe that is fire and water proof, somehow it builds up humidity on the inside so the owner would then have to open the safe to let it dry out. like really, what an oversight lol. do you have that problem?

• I haven't had the problem yet; but I've also never really had it in a humid and/or flood situation. I should take everything out of it then try to submerge it one day to see. For the price I doubt it doesn't anything spectacular in water. I was more concerned about the physical security and the fire protection which I think it does "ok" with. Someday as my assets inside it increase in value I'll probably bump it up to something more serious.

On another note: I forgot to mention there is a company that sells water resistant / fire resistant computer storage devices. Check out https://iosafe.com You pay a little extra but the idea is pretty neat; especially for someone who doesn't rotate backups offsite and/or utilize a cloud solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum keeps those documents, dont think she will allow me to keep it until i move out. I lost things very easy so its prbbly for the best that she's the one who keeps iy

What Guys Said 3

• in a safe with a loaded gun and emergency cash. I feel so fucking gangster lol

• this place where we keep credit cards nd shit

• I keep in my files in a side board.

What Girls Said 0