Is the glass half full or half empty?

Or is the glass just deformed?

For me, it will always be half full because empty equals nothing and you can't divide by nothing but what do you think? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you're not supposed to divide by nothing. Half empty would mean nothing divided by 2, which is the same as saying that it's empty... Reviewing that, I guess I agree with you. It can't be half empty :P

I say the glass is completely filled. Partially with air and partially with water or some fluid (I'd only hope it's slimy alien blood)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Haha, its always full... half air, half water

• Both ways it's correct but it's inaccurate/ incomplete. It's like saying a glass g has two halves x and y (let x = upper half and y = lower half, and let full glass of water = 1). "Glass is half full" means "Glass is half of full" which means saying either x = 1/2 or saying y = 1/2 (and no information whether the other half is filled or empty). "Glass is half empty" means saying either x = 0 or y = 0 (and similarly no information whether the other half is filled or empty). So, both sentences are actually correct, but that "no information on the other part" makes me say it's inaccurate or incomplete. Anyway, there is no division by zero even coming into picture here (as how you thought)

• Lol I like that answer. It's like Sheldon saying the window is half open or half closed depending on your philosophical stand point.

I also think half full. Got to be hopeful for the future!

• Full = 10
    Empty = 0
    Half = A number divided by 2
    Define "Half Full" ; 10/2 = 5
    Define "Half empty ; 0/2 = 0
    There is your answer!

• It's partly filled. ^.~

In other words, if there's some
    it's not yet empty.

• For me its either half-full awesome
    and if its half-empty im also glad cause i just drunk 2 litres of water and can't bear another full glass😂👌

• Mine is always full since I can refil

• half full because somewhere out there someone is living a harder life than you are so be happy with what is given to you

• depends on which way it is going

• The glass is half full if u pour it and stop at halfway. Half empty if u drink it till half.

• It's half full when you are filling it and half empty when you are emptying it.

• Half full.

• no ofense, i heard people say its full for some funny stuff, but your reason is just weird af to me! haha
    at the end of the day, it comes down to perspective. if somebody is an optimist, they'll see it full, if somebody is a pessimist, they see it empty, thats what i think at least.
    personally, i see it as both

What Girls Said 4

• That glass is goddamn deformed.

• Half full but I'm saying it because it sounds better. Optimistically speaking half full is better then half empty

• I am a realist
    Mine is both.

• always half full!