Is it my idea or internet users are more mature nowdays than like what they used to be 10 years ago?

I don’t recall 10 years ago internet users being so mature and have long debates…. basically u’d see people who were 18-25 yo by then…post “chatty” messages and generally never touch any “serious” topic and those who did were usually middle-aged people 40 or above…

Now u can see 18 yo or even 15-16 yo people havin pretty long debates around da web….

Have u ever noticed or is it just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that this site is set up for mature debates makes things seem that way.
    But the fact is many still do immature antics in their everyday life and other sites (esp. twitter , Facebook etc.)
    This site for the most part, brings out the best in people.

It's easy to give advice.
    But not easy to take your own when you're in those same situations.
    Some people who act as if they will handle it in a mature way will do opposite real life.
    people will be who they want to on the net.
    Only some people are as mature as they act on here , in real life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Really depends bro, but for the most part, there are still many immature people out there regardless of the era/century and what not and you never really know if those under 18 are actually under 18 people.

What Girls Said 3

• The online community has grown, it seems more acceptable to have an online presence since people are lonely

• No. They're still pretty immature

• Can't say I have noticed.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, with the time we get used and learn how to use this awesome tool called internet. In other words, many of us evolve.

• I think people have gotten more comfortable and open with internet - 10 years ago it was very social and specialist forums ie similar interests whereas today people will come on sites like this willing to interact and debate on things they will have different views on. We have had a bit of a split on internet niw where you have FB, IG for more social stuff but also Q&A sites with serious areas for debate and analysis cropping up.

• Haha I was not on similar sites 10 years ago but... let's hope so!
    If it's the same people I hope those 10 years have brought them some maturity :D

• well 10 years ago I was around 10 years old so yeah probably.

• no if anything I think they have gotten worse