What did you study/ are studying?

Had 3 options and I took business computer science and humanities (re history and geography)

Most Helpful Girl

• I studied Forensic Science and Nursing.

Most Helpful Guy

• The education system in Switzerland works quite differently from the one in America or most other countries of the world for that matter. Contrary to most countries, university in Switzerland is not something everyone goes to. Only about 15-20% of the population actually make it to Uni, because the type of high school and the exams you have to pass in order to be permitted into University are extremely tough. When I was in high school, I didn't do too many other things than studying. The reason for this is because Switzerland has something we call a "dual system". In this system, only the really academic subjects are taught at University level. So you have to be academically talented and into the theoretical stuff (perhaps with the exception of medicine). For everything else (becoming a nurse, carpenter, sales agent, interpreter, game designer, farmer etc, you name it), so for all the more practically oriented jobs, you either have to attend a different type of higher education (where the level is not quite as high as at a university) or you would make an apprenticeship, which is socially very much accepted and not looked down at, contrary to some other countries.
    What's also very different from the US is the fact that in our undergraduate years, we don't have all kinds of different subjects anymore. The reason for this is because the high school you have to attend to get to university has a much higher level than an American high school (I can say this because I've attended an American high school for a year ;-)). Especially the last 2 years of our high school is more comparable to college in America. So when we start with university, the system and the professors expect of us that we already possess the extended general knowledge that one should have. So from your first day of college, you have to decide what you actually want to study. Because of this, It's also not possible to do your Master's degree in a different subject. For example, you can't just study some humanities and then do a Master's degree in law because you would have missed the first 3 years of a lawyer's education.
    Usually, we have either one major and 1-2 minors or two majors. In my case, I study general history and English literature and linguistics. So these two subjects are really all I have, with each making up half of my classes and study time.

• Same in the Netherlands. Great explanation. Now I know a little bit more about American education system. It has always been kind of a blur to me.

What Girls Said 7

• At this very moment I am studying for a psych SAC.

• I was studying Communication and Journalism when I was in college.

• Right now I'm doing 2 subjects at A-level at highschool and after that I want to study Neuroscience.

• I studied finance

• I'm studying law.

• I'm studying English and Sociology at University. For A Level I did English Language, English Literature, Sociology, and Religious Studies. For AS I did English Lang, English Lit, Sociology, Religious Studies and Psychology.

• I studied Linguistics and Literature.

What Guys Said 4

• Clinical psychology.

• Nursing in general

• I studied aeronautical engineering, then liberal studies emphasizing childhood education.

• I am studding zoology