What do you do when you find a spider in your room?

My house is full of spiders all year round as we're surrounded by woods. I like spiders, i keep tarantulas and in fact the spider is my spirit animal. The spider signifies creativity and patience.

whenever I find a spider, I leave them be. the spider in the picture is a male Eratigena atrica on the prowl for females.

I know most people hate spiders and kill them on site, but what do you do with them? are you scared of spiders? If so why? deaths from spider bites are extremely rare.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually just put them back outside, but occasionally I give them names and let them stay.

There's one spider who set up camp on my bedroom window, and just yesterday I got suddenly stung by a wasp (I have no idea why, but it was in my pants and just... weird situation overall). I left my room to wash off the sting, and by the time I got back, the wasp was stuck in the spider's web and... well. Nature happened. I named the spider Enkidu and he is welcome to stay.

Most Helpful Guy

• I leave them. They are an important part of the ecosystem in my house. If it weren't for spiders there would be a lot more other things running around.

What Girls Said 13

• ... Whenever I find a spider, I leave hem be...
    Which is Probably Why they just don't in from the Wild but you Keep all of them Surviving, @TJ-Laser
    I usually do not freak out if I see them crawling around the floor or one on the wall and all. I take a kleenex and flush him down the toilet if he is then dead or put him back Outside where he belongs.
    However, don't want those crawling around my bed neither, which I have seen from time to time. Those are the Fast ones that usually get away and when I know the Bug guy is coming again in 30 days, for his usual job to Conquer and Destroy, that little dickens will be dead and gone.
    Tell mom and dad to get an exterminator up to the house. But I know you probably will not oipen your mouth when you are making friends to the ends here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• If it is hostile or unpleasant looking I will kill it either with a bug wacker (don't know what they are called) or with a vacume. If I have a lot of mosquitos and flies in my home I will let the spider live so that it can eat my enemies for me.

• I catch it in a container and put it outside, regardless of how big it is. My instinct is to kill it, but I see no point in killing it.

• Oh god I hate them they're scary and malicious demons waiting to eat your soul!
    I hate when it's summer and it's too hot so you open the window and in comes 20 flies, 8 spiders, 17 daddy long legs, 50 moths, 3 dragons and 12 Jehovah’s witnesses😒

• to be honest, out of that list the thing you should worry about most is the jehovahs witness :p

• I totally agree they're a pain in the ass and they're the ones that just won't go away no matter how much anti insect spray I use😭

• I don't mind the regular ones, they are clean animals and said to bring lack. Younger I used to look at them and touch them. I ruin their nets when I find them in my house though. I generally avoid the big ones because they might be poisonous

• I just want you to know -
    I accidentally clicked on this post in my live feed and was assaulted by a giant ass spider and I promptly lost my shit and threw my drink at the tv.

• http://i58.tinypic.com/j9wthg.jpg
    I'm scared of them.. my roommate move it outside.

• I get scared of the big ones

I am fine with tiny ones as long as they don't move.

It just freaks me out.
    The ones with eggs grosses me out. I saw one and almost threw up.

• I usually just leave them be. Sometimes I relocate them outside or hoover them. I try not to hurt them because I do like house spiders, and although the fatter, bigger species do scare me I know that they wouldn't hurt me maliciously.

• Their hairy, they've got multiple eyes, they leggs r too long and if u look away for 1sec they could be anywhere! Y wouldn't I be scared, plus the way their legs move is creepy when they walk

• Now I just ignore them

• i'd take it out or hit it with a shoe

• They scare me so much!

• you dont need to be scared of spiders. its my life goal to convert people lol. I use my chillean rose tarantula to show people that spiders aren't scary. she literally sits in your hand as she likes the heat.

What Guys Said 18

• You know... the only reason there's spiders in home is because there are insects in people's home for them to eat.
    Mostly just gonna suck it up with a vacuum and throw it out the window or something.
    Probably cue to clean up the place when spiders start popping up lol

• thats not true. male spiders are on the prowl looking for females, so your house may not contain bugs. the males seeks out the best environments for females which happens to be a warm house.

• That's one of the reason but then again urban spiders don't set up nests far away from food source so.
      TIME TO CLEAN!

• I usually start a conversation. They are usually very still and great listeners. They don't talk much though. Occasionally they will quiver their legs in delight at my hilarious anecdotes. Great creatures. Love em'

• I research their nauture, if I'm not knowledgable of it already
    and then move it outside, where it'd have a better chance
    of catching whatever prey it'd prey upon.

I won't be killing any creatures
    if I don't have to.

I'll admit that I'm slightly unnerved by them crawling on me
    but their shot at life is more important.

• I gget rid of it before my wife sees it.

• I am afraid of most of them. Usually I flick them & they can go on different way. No one is allowed in my territory. No spider killing, only cockroach killing!

• I would try and catch them but they tend to hide in inaccessible places which can lead to squish.

• I take a shoe smack them and try to make as big of a smear as possible just to make sure the satan's offspring cannot reassemble.

• I bugged them only to move them where there's more food for them.
    I could never get myself to do it with my hands, so I would always use paper and cup.

Sometimes just a paper when cup is filled with tequila.

• Smash it like i would smash a cutie BIC time 👌🏼

• you kill them? they do so good for the world and dont harm people :(

• I try to catch it, and then I release it, usually

• good. its always nice to hear that people would rather move them outside

• "Go out, and kill those mosquitos, my eight-legged minion!"

• It must be killed immediately. I hate spiders, especially tarantulas.

• I kill them.

• depends what´s closer XD my slippers or the vacuum.

• It depends on where I find and what it is doing

• Spiders don't pay rent. I kill them

• Name it and give it a high five

• Oh you know, the usual. Faint and pee like everyone else 😨

• Kill anything that moves and is not cute.