Why does it Stink so Bad when you Fart in the Shower?

I think it's the worst thing ever

Most Helpful Girl

• Because the humidity makes everything smell stronger. Science.

What Girls Said 3

• :)) Probably you don't have good ventilation in there, so the smell gets stuck in such a small space, making it more concentrated.

• They stink? I quite like the smell of shower farts..

• Lol I had to up vote you. Sadly my farts don't smell at all hardly. Even when I am in the shower. Sorry if that was tmi. :)

• Yes They stink... lol If your farts didn't stink I'd just laugh if u farted around me xD

• They stink good then haha

• Just listen to @TheINTJ...

What Guys Said 4

• The fact you are in such a small space without ventilation is my guess. I don't know I am able to let farts rip in the shower and it does not smell as mine don't smell normally. In fact I let rip of a big fart just now while typing this message lol.

• It's several factors. There's no clothes helping to "block" the odor. Underwear and pants in a way filter some of it but when there is no filter it is more concentrated. Plus add in the closed space factor and the fact that smell is worse in more humid and moist environments, like a shower, and you have a front-nose seat to disaster.

• Seriously I had this question in my mind just an hour ago xD
    I don't think it has to do with ventilation. Something related with water. It smells horribly bad while using shower. Without shower it's just normal.

• It travels up maybe? I don't know. Perhaps the smell mixes with the water smell and "enhances" it?