Would you be offended if someone said you look hot and was of the same sex and your straight?

Would you be offended if someone said you look hot and was of the same sex and your straight? So some women said I looked sexy and was I interested well to be honest I was flattered and alittle hurt I felt flattered she found me attractive then thought do I look like I am not straight. So I said thanks and sorry I am straight and she was are you sure you don't want to try and I was like well no sorry and she left. Has this ever happened to you and what was your reaction?

Most Helpful Guy

• It has happened to me before and I was flattered. When I was around 18 (and I actually did look quite hot back then, I also got a lot of female attention), a gay guy from school had this huuuuuge crush on me. He followed me everywhere and all his friends told me how much of crush he's got on me. What was also funny was that he wasn't just gay, he was your stereotypical "gay queen"... he was wearing girls' clothes and jewellery and he painted his nails... you get the idea. I kind of liked him as a person but I never really talked much to him. I decided to simply not react and see what's gonna happen. One day after school he finally came up to me and asked me out. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I have never been asked out by anyone... I always had to make the first step with all my girlfriends. It felt like a great honor. I also thought he was very cute because he was clearly very nervous and I could tell that it took him a lot of courage to go ahead and do this. He told me that he finds me very kind and very hot. Very few girls have said this to me so far. Most of my girlfriends just said "I love you" and stuff like that but they never really told me explicitly WHAT they like about me. So yes, I was very flattered and it almost broke my heart to see him become sad when I had to tell him that I'm not into guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes that would offend me but mostly that would make me feel creeped out and unconfertable

What Guys Said 28

• Nah, I'll take a compliment any way I can get it, haha. Actually, I'd say guys have been way more complimentary of my looks than women have. I'm like a male version of Gwyneth Paltrow or Katherine Heigl😂😂😂
    #AppealToTheWrongAudience

• I feel like if women say it to each other, they're just making a comment. Like you look sexy = you look good/attractive.

If a guy says it to you, then he's gay and thinks you're attractive/his type.

In the case of girls, it can show attraction or it can just be a flat out compliment (or rude comment depending on the situation/tone)

In the guys case it just shows attracting because no straight guy would call another guy sexy.

If a gay guy said that to me, I'd probably be flattered and thank him. Being attractive to the same sex is still > being unattractive lol

• No, a compliment is a compliment regardless of gender. I'd tell him thanks, but I am straight.

Now, if after telling him that I'm straight, he keeps persisting, I would be pissed off.

• not offended, just like uh okay.

• No, but this dude who was guy was always hostile to. me even though i never even talk to. the dude. When i. walked around school he would always be giving me dirty looks and just act like a jackass around me. I cand of figured maybe since i. was. the only guu he did that too. and since i never. did anything wrong to. him, he mustve had feelings for me but just had a realy weird way of showing it.

• I've actually had straight men tell me I'm a good looking guy on numerous occasions

• Multiple times. I just say thanks but let them know I'm not interested in men and go about my business. It's happened, I'm never weirded out. Actually a bit flattered.

• Nah, I've been said that twice i think i said "thanks man". why should i get offended? like okay be it gay or not dat doesn't matter

• Yes, it's happened, I'm flattered and take it as a compliment.

• no XD why would i? yeah it happened to be but i stell feel flattered. just because a gay person finds me attractive, doesn´t make me gay.

• Would I be offended? I don't know. I'd be curious to know why a guy is calling me hot, like wondering if he is gay and thinks I'm gay. If so, then I would nip it in the bud and let him know that I'm straight.

• I've had gay dudes hit on me before, I was both flattered and a bit scared.

• I usually just ignore it and move on about my business

• A tad weirded out yes, offended no, I mean why would I be offended?

• This has actually happened to me a lot. I worked in a local gay area for a while this past summer by where I live and I got hit on a lot, and I can tell you right now I am about as straight as they come haha. So it is always interesting on how to handle it. I mostly can just blow it off and they leave.

• no, I would just be like , back at you dude.

• Why would anyone find that offensive?

• Depends on how he approached me. If it was just a guy on the street I would have thought it was weird, but if it was a friend or someone I knew I would be flattered.

• No, just take the compliment

• My reaction? Make exit quickly and get away.

• I've had gay guys take a gander at me. Unless your a homophobe then no. Someone likes you, so what? How does that bother anyone?

• I wouldn't be offended just nutral maybe wonder if I'm giving out a Gay vibe

• I wouldn't be offended I just wouldn't find it comfortable.

• not really , i used to date a woman who had many close gay (male) friend , sometimes they are flirting with me
    may be it seems little bit awkward at first

• I have feel

• The farthest I've ever gotten to that is a guy saying he'd love to be as tall as me or another dude said how he really liked my shoes.

Of course I just thought that meant he was about to shank me and take my shoes...

• No, that's women's logic. Guy says you're a pretty girl but you're not attracted to him? "Creep! Pervert! Call the police, I'm being sexually harassed by the evil patriarchy!"

• I wouldn't be offened but I'd be a little disappointed that the first person to compliment my looks was a guy and not a girl.

What Girls Said 26

• No, that wouldn't offend me. A compliment is a compliment regardless of who it's coming from. I would just say 'thank you' but then be sure to tell the person that I am not interested since I am heterosexual. I think you handled it well, there's no reason to be hurt by it. She just found you attractive, that's all.

• I've never had that happen to me, I'd probably feel a little uncomfortable but I wouldn't be rude. I'd tell them thank you and if I was sure she was flirting I'd let her know that I have a boyfriend. People in general coming up to talk to me makes me feel really awkward, even more so if it's flirty lol.

• I tell girls they look hot all the time. I go both ways but I don't mean it in a sexual manner I'm just telling them they look good.

• nope!

but then again, i'm not really very straight. but girls say things like that all the time :p

• No. I would accept the compliment and probably say she was hot too. You can still appreciate beauty, no matter what sexuality you are.

• I think I would be speechless. Just a oh thanks girlie, but also thinking "whoa? What?" *puzzled look on my face*

• To be quite honest, outside of like very certain fashion and social cues, it is like super incredibly hard to tell whether people are actually gay. You probably just looked great and were attractive to her as a person. It happens sometimes.

If I were you, I would probably have felt a little bit overwhelmed. I would have taken it as a compliment though, I mean she probably was not a jerk about it or anything like some people can be.

• Why in the world would that be offensive? Someone finds me attractive! Yay! Why should if matter if they had a vagina or penis? I would be flattered. A girl called me attractive and I smiled and said thank you. I would take that as a compliment. Anyone who is offended by a compliment is messed up in the head.

• No never happens and n I I wouldn't be offended. I am kinda curious and want to try girls for once, so I might use that chance

• I wouldn't be offended at all, I would just be flattered. It doesn't mean you don't look straight (because I think most girls do, since that's the majority) it only means she found you attractive and tried her luck :p

• i would take it as a compliment..

• yeah one time i was at a party and my friend's friend was hitting on me, and i was kinda flattered by the attention, but i knew she was taken so i was trying to not reciprocate.

• Nope I wouldn't be offended.

• I don't think I would be offended at all, I think I'd be very flattered. No, I've never been approached by a woman but my best friend has MANY times.

• There's nothing to be upset about
    Its happened and I've only been flattered

• Wouldn't offend me.

• Nope, I wouldn't.

• No I would be flattered

• I wouldn't be bothered

• Nope I'd take it as a compliment and no it hasn't happened to me

• no i am straight but if a lesbian compliments me i know i am looking fly as hell

• Yes.
    I don't mind it as long as they aren't being gross.
    Same goes for guys.

• I think it would be a compliment :).. but if she was suggesting you weren/t straight.. I'd be a bit upset.

You can't always tell if people aren't straight/are straight though

• Yeah, I'd feel objectified.

• why would i be offended, its a compliment at the end of the day

• Noo, its a compliment.