I really hate my voice?

Does anyone else really dislike their voice too? Lol. I don't know, I've been told that my voice is cute etc, But, still I Hate it. I don't like listening to my call recordings. It sounds to weird. I'm just wondering does anyone else feels hate their voice? Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think anyone likes listening to themselves. There are a few women out there that I just can't stand listening to their voices. It just is nearly painful to listen to and is a higher pitch tone. Sounds stupid, but I literally wince when I here that type of voice and I would not be able to have a relationship with these women. There is one woman that I work with, very attractive, late twenties, has a voice like one of the chipmunks. It's almost astonishing the first time you hear it coming from such a pretty lady. I cannot stand talking to her. It's like the voice of a 4 year old girl coming out with much more power. I can hold conversations with her related to work, but honestly I would not be able to socialize with her much less have a relationship with her. But those people are very few and far between.

• I know what you mean 😳🙊 listening to high pitched voices and childlike can get really annoying.. :.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol I know how you feel, I sound like an anime character with a southern accent and I sound way younger than I am, I remember a few years ago, a telemarketer called my cell phone and asked if my parents or anyone over the age of 18 was there so they could talk to them... I just said no and hung up, I guess it comes in handy sometimes.

The thing is your voice is normally 100000 times worse to yourself than it is to other people. I've been told mine is cute also but I hate it too, I think the best thing to do is just take the compliment and stop being so hard on ourselves or try to at least lol

• an anime with southern accent? That sounds really cute and interesting, lol. :)

And you're right. We are our own worst critic, I'll try to stop being hard on myselh.. thanks for the advice, haha :)

That sounds really interesting, I would really like to hear your voice lol

What Guys Said 35

• 3|0
    • What the heck? Are you kidding me? You actually have a really GREAT voice, 😳

• LOL! I'm such a bad role model. >_>

• 😂😂😂

• Well russel peters hits accents right outta the park xD
    https://youtu.be/2D66c1BIpeo

And ching chong ling long ting tong of accents

https://youtu.be/fnG9wHCKN-c

But if you heard my voice, i probably sound like a caucasian. Which is weird to see a chinese guy with no accent. O. o

• LMHO!! I love Rusell Peters, he's hilarious, lol

"But if you heard my voice, i probably sound like a caucasian. Which is weird to see a chinese guy with no accent. O. o"
      Omg, Really? Lol! Now I'm curious, you should really post your voice recording someday 😂

• I have a very Canadian accent. :D

Nothing special... :(

• Hey, Canadian accents are really cute! I bet your voice sounds nice, cheer up :)

• I don't know if I hate it but I'm never used to hearing it... I'm like "Wait, who's that?" lol

• LOL!!! You have a really great voice though :)

• I can't laugh at a work of art :P Let me hear :D

Shhhh we'll just say that's how I did it haha

• Okay, I'll pm it to you 😂

• Why hate your voice, I'm 100% certain you have a wonderful voice :). I don't like my voice, my voice sounds like a female voice :/ it's soo bad that every time I talk to someone on the phone I don't know they always call me mam, once I even had a male tech support person flirt with me cause they thought I was female D:.

• Lol, what? Really? D: That sucks :(
      Guys who are soft spoken.. Are sometimes mistaken for females. People are so weird, lol. But, I can tell easily if it's a guys voice or girls haha :) I don't know, my voice sounds harsh :(

• Yep, and it's not sometimes, it's most of the time, I'm not soft spoken, I just still have my pre-puberty voice :(. I'd think you'd fail with my voice. I doubt your voice sounds harsh, you probably have the voice of an angle :).
      memecrunch.com/meme/2F7Q/squeaky-voice/image.jpg

• LOL!!! That meme 😂😂 I bet your voice is stronger than Justin beiber's voice.. haha :)

• Most people hates their own voice, but in reality other people find them charming, soothing and awesome XD

• I don't like my voice i got a complex about myself. I get mistaken for being a female
    on the phone and really does upset me :(

• Really? Damn, that sucks :/

• :/ I think you speak really softly? Maybe that's why they mistake you for a girl.. Sorry :/
      People think that I have a really sweet voice when they first look at me/ my pic. Lol. But my voice is so different

• Yeah it's amazing than there are very few times but some do call me sir

• I have quite a high voice, it sounds "semi-female"... but I'm used to it and don't get remarks or so.
    So I'm rather happy with my voice :D

• Awww, that's awesome bro :) :D

• ... and don''t feel shy about your voice sis - it is what it is and we like you with it and for it :D

• you sound really good lol! I don't know what you are talking about!
    i have such an obnoxious accent... and voice lol!

• Lol. I don't know I don't like it. Listening to my voice recording/ call recordings is kind of annoying 😂

Naw, you have really cool accent and a really awesome voice! Stop being so hard on yourself, lol :)

• Omg, you are making me blush! LOL. Love you too and all the sweet Americans :) I'm trying to come up with a really cute nickname for you!! :)

• Haha a cute nickname!
      😚😚😚😚😍

• When I hear my voice;i feel like it is the harshest and rude voice ever lol... Awkward too!
    But people around me say it is so cute; it is a strange feeling; even a few said it ia sexy xD lol maybe we never hear our voices so when we listen it it seems like its another voice? Maybe...

• Lots of people aare insecure about it just chill

• It happens to most people, i don't like it either😂👌
    Well its another thing if that person is a singer or somethin like that of course😂

• I too dislike my voice. I have full lips and because of that I pronounce certain letters or words too... heavy (?). It sounds even worse when my voice is recorded by some device.

• I hate my voice in vids but the recordings don't give ur exact voice the same goes for pic some people look bad in pics but good in real life coz it's something in the physics of the camera but I don't hate my voice it's better than nothing

• Everyone hates how their voice sounds like in video recordings ;p lol.
      Thanks for answering :)

• Because it sounds.. harsh :/

• Genie dint worry about ur voice 80 % of people hate their voice it's just something in u

• My voice is just the best thing ever.

• Same here mine is just so annoying to listen to through a recording.
    Whenever I hear it I think to myself "Wow is this really what I sound like. Man that must be so annoying"

• They say I have very pretty voice. When I record myself or talk in videos I yell eww you liars Im gross! Never sound to recordings they change your voice. They are probably right for telling you that you have a ncute voice

• "eww you liars Im gross!"
      👆That's what I say in mind, "ewww, wth? I sound so... ugh! Lol"

You're right, I should start believing it when people give me compliment.. haha :)

• yep you really should!

• Lol I used to have a high pitch ass voice but puberty happened. Now my voice is deep and people from my childhood find it weird. But it doesn't bother me though. Lol but I sometimes cringe when I hear myself in a recording I don't know why.

• Deep voice is really nice. It's most girls weakness, lol
      It seems like every time on GAG cringe whenever they listen to their recording 😂😳🙊

• Lol truuuue

• I think most people feel that way. I think I sound pretty good when I speak, but when I listen to recording etc. I think it sucks.

• I'm not exactly a fan on mine. 😕

• Liarrrr :p You've posted your voice recording in QA many times :p Which means you're not really insecure about it xD

• You all kind of made me post my recording many people heard it, I deleted my recrding after only 5 mibutes. it's not my fault you fell asleep, lol

• IT WAS LIKE 4-5 IN THE MORNING HERE DX

• It's awesome i swear 😊 i love yours and accent

• Only in the mornings. Otherwise I sound like a chained beast ready to break free and get dangerous.

• this is because your brain knows your voice and ever time it hears it, our brain will always make your voice seem to have a lot more bass than it really does. so naturally most people hate their voice

• girls say my voice sounds like Morgan freeman and they keep requesting me to narrate their journals and diaries

• Yes I hate mine when I haer back.
    I sound like I talk though my nose

• I think everyone hates to listen to their own voice

• I don't really hate mine, but i do feel weird when i listen to it. :p

• Not me! I'm completely satisfied with my voice.

• Change your vocal card :P

• Same here. My voice sounds young but when I talk to women over the phone they say they like my voice. I asked one of them why and they said something like boyish charm. What does that mean? Do any of y'all ladies like that?

• Boyish charm? Does your voice sounds like Jesse McCartney or something?
      And yes, boyish voice are really cute, haha :)

• Yeah people tell me I sound like MJ because my voice is soft, cute profile picture by the way

• Thank you! :)
      But, that's a good thing! MJ wasn't only popular for his dance moves people love his songs too, his voice. I have all his songs in my phone's music library. Haha :)

• Yeah but i kind of hate it, some people say im too soft spoken that i sound like a girl
      and i have to yell for some people to hear me but then again yeah i like MJ's music too

And welcome

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 26

• Ohh yesss, I hate it so much!!! Everything about it, but oh well, gotta live with what I was given 😁

• Me too I think my voice sounds kinda weird. But everyone hates listening to their voice because of insecurity. The main reason I don't like mine is I think I'm louder in my head but when I speak it's really quiet and soft. Probably why I get misheard a lot 😓

• "when I speak it's really quiet and soft."
      But, girly, that's actually a good thing! 👆 lol :)

• Yep I never said it was a bad thing it's just odd hearing ur voice. You know what I mean? And so true everyone on GAG seems to hate heir voice too 😂

• I. Hate. My. Voice. With. A. Passion.

^ I'm bored lol

Some people say I have an accent, which I highly doubt I do. Idc if people say my voice is nice or cute wtv, I still hate it no matter what. and my voice differ when I speak Mandarin, English and Korean. Its so freaking irritating ugh why can't someone invent a soundjob or voicejob 😩😩 like there's boobjob or wtv for everything but nothing for sound 😭

• "Its so freaking irritating ugh why can't someone invent a soundjob or voicejob like there's boobjob or wtv for everything but nothing for sound "
      👆 wth? LOL!! 😂😂😂

• @Zell0is0my0name LOL, 😂 I know you're talking about Thaddi fest.. :)

• I have no idea what is that XD

• your voice probably sounds a lot better than you think
    attractive people normally have attractive voices to go with it

it just sounds different on recordings because others hear the sound as it travels through air and not the sound that also resonates in our chest

but yeah, i'm not crazy about mine either

• You made me blush again, lol :)
      It seems like almost everyone doesn't like to hear their recordings.. Haha. I bet you have a beautiful voice! Thanks for answering :)

• Tell me about it. I hate it when I have to record my voice for a presentation, etc and it sounds so weird to me, but everyone is like "you're voice is so cute, you sound adorable" etc

• I used to feel the same way. My voice is soft and quiet, and hearing myself in videos or something was odd. But I seem to soothe people, so I'll take it I guess. At least it's not annoying haha.

• Yes, I hate my voice too. 😞
    I have a boyish voice. 😢
    But if I don't give a sh*t, others won't give a sh*t too. 😂

• i'm fine with my voice i should you should be happy with yours

• I hate listening to my voice on recordings. But otherwise it's okay :) I love the voice of Morgan Freeman though :*

• I think mines okay. No point in fussing over it, your stuck with it whether you like it or not.

• Hmm Im weirded out by my voice when i hear it from an outside source as well

I guess this must b normal

by the way Hi Genie :D

• Lol, it does seem like everyone on gag feels weird/shy to listen to their voice recording 😂🙊

• haha Good evening Genie. You're ahead of me. Here it's 16h18 :)

But thank you

• Oh :o :)

• Same here. That's because we're not used to hearing our voices with solely with our outer ears.

• Ah, I feel kind of better now. I used to think I was the only one who hated listening to my own voice recording, lol

• 🙈 Thank you! I like your profile and cover pictures too ^^

• Hehe, thank you :)

• I always thought I didn't have an accent until my brother started making fun of me for sounding... "country" and I decided to listen to it on recording. I don't even think it sounds country I just don't like it.

Ughhh, I hate it. :(

• Sorry :/ Brothers can be so mean sometimes.. My brothers also make fun of me, even though they're all grow up :/

• I'm not sure brothers ever grow up.. lol
      Mine haven't, anyway. :p

• Lol! You're right! They'll always be boys 😂

• My voice really doesn't match my personality, it sounds so annoying I hate it.

• I do too, you are not alone

• I hate mine too

• Be glad you have a voice

• your voice is beautiful sister!! <3

• I love my voice :)

• I'm okay with my voice, lol.

• Omg yes I have a raspy voice.

• I hate my voice too

• i hate my voice, i cringe so badly when i hear my voice on a recording

• Me too. I sound very different in recording, o_o

• i talk a lot when i get too nervous as well and then i start talking about the silliest of things like why viruses are cooler than bacteria XD

• Virus are cooler than bacteria? Wth 😂😂 That's silly but also funny xD :)

• YES, my voice is just ugh

• :/ It sucks because we can't change the way we sound.. We are stuck with it

• It is not weird to feel that you do not want to listen yourself. It happens to many.
    It is just a process ; you will be alright. Embrace yourself :)
    You are beautiful as you are :) <3

• I hate my voice when I'm high?