Hypothetical question: Could you win in a street fight?

I know that unneccessary violence is wrong but for the sake of the question let's say somehow you found yourself in a street fight with some randomer. You're not fighting for your life but you're fighting to knock the other person out and win and so is your opponent. Would you be able to handle yourself?

• I'd have no idea what I was doing but I'd try my best
  • I'd have some basic understanding of what to do because I've fought before but not much
  • I'd know what to do because I've been in plenty of fights, on and off the streets
  • I'd know what to do because I practice fighting often
  • I think I'd know what to do because I've practiced a martial art before but I don't any more.
  • I'd just play dead.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm against a single unarmed person?

If he/she isn't a martial practitioner, the most difficult part
    would be knocking them out in the least hurtful way.

I consider myself fairly skilled in the art of fighting
    both unarmed and with several different weapons.

Martial arts have been a passionate hobby of mine
    for a very long time, and It may be my arrogance/ego speaking
    but I couldn't imagine myself losing, a one on one unarmed fight.

Untrained people are fairly simple to deal with
    and their mistakes are pretty obvious.

But then.. you never know what happens in a fight
    unexpected things could occur.. that's not unusual.

• Yeah, a single unarmed opponent. Just a randomer who wouldn't necessarily know how to fight. No weapons.

If you're as experienced as you say you are, then yeah you'd probably win anyway

• It's primarily the goal to get away
      safely, so incapacitating, or locking
      is the recommended action.

It's good that you have some martial experience
      it's healthy, for both body and mind.

I started witj Karate myself, soon after I tried out Ju Jutsu
      now, I practice a mixed form of shaolin kung fu, and tai chi.

• Shaolin and kung fu? Awesome, if I was to take my martial arts further when I was young, I would of gone on to do something like that, I might look into it for the future.
      I would like to learn again because I've found myself in a situation where I might actually need to fight someone. My strategy was to aim for the body and use elbows/knees but I'll remember to close in as he likes to throw rabid punches. I'd use my fists but my stronger hand is "out of commission" for now. I won't try dodging or anything fancy, I guess it looks easier than it actually is. Thanks for the pointers, I will make sure to use them sensibly :)

What Girls Said 11

• I've done it before and I've been fine. I've been in my fair share of street fights and other not-so-street fights where I was very possibly fighting for my life.

So I've gotten a fair share of blood on my hands - but red looks good on me, I guess.

I'm very much against violence, but that doesn't mean I won't use it if I have to.

• My only strategy would be to kick the guy on his sensitive parts and run for my life, other I would probably lose within the first 5 seconds.

• Let's pretend that it's a female fighting you. Just a typical woman from where you are.

• I hate fighting but if I had no choice I would kick her a$$

• I haven't been in a fight in forever but if it was for someone talking shit in my daughter or anyone in my family for that matter they would get knocked the fuck out.

• my fighting skills need some work, but i'm a blue in karate so i think i could handle myself just fine.

• If I could get my hands on different objects I probably could beat the shit out of them. :D

• I never had to fight before but I'd know what to do.

• Think about it though, if you were under pressure and your adrenaline was pumping would you remember everything you might of learned?

• Yeah because it was very simple move. And if I wasn't able to do it I'd try something else that would end the fight faster. Punching and kicking doesn't always end fights quickly.

• Yeah, good point.

• Depends on the opponent. I won't lie though, most likely I wouldn't be able to.

• Guy that I'm dating at the moment was in a fight on the beach against a bunch of drunk idiots. He got hurt but he managed to protect me and we walked away safe. Didn't help that he wasn't wearing a lot and was barefoot I guess. He's very into bodybuilding and I think being very muscular helped him when though he's only 17yrs old. No one though came to help him and just watched. That pissed me off as he was very outnumbered.

• i would try my best.

• I'd win a street fight if it meant who cries more :D :D

• I have martial arts training and I'd tear him a second asshole 😂👍🏻

What Guys Said 9

• Man someone gon fuck around a catch a Mortal Kombat fatality..
    I used to train in MMA but not anymore but I'd all out in a streetfight especially if I hear some one yelling "WORLDSTAAAR!! WORLDSTAAARR!!! WORLDSTAR!!" I'm gonna catch my second wind and when I do I'll be walking away with his teeth as a trophies.

• end it with a superman punch

• I can handle myself, and have been in my fair share of brawls, more often then not, because of a girl. But I prefer to just have fun and avoid getting into scraps.

• I'm never fighting over a girl, that's like the most pointless reason to fight lol

• You must be somewhat experienced then lol. I wouldn't fuck with you if you didn't back down like that tbh.

• I wouldn't win against a big group haha, but I wouldn't back down either. Got a bottles tossed at me for this reason. I stood there and laughed at the guy, as it didn't smash and didn't feel it. I felt it next morning tho.

• Yes. I wrestled for 3 years in high school (as a heavyweight), I know Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and I know how to use regular items as weapons.

• I practice wing tsun since I live around rough neighborhoods but for some odd reason I never had use for it maybe one time in the subway *but he was mentally ill or on drugs lol* but it is good for exercise

• Option 5 ...

• probably not, but I am still going down fighting

• No, this is why I have a girlfriend.

• Been there, done that.
    I have to be prudent not to kill the guy, that's all.
    Nuff said.