Do you ever talk to yourself?

• yes I do all the time
  • sometimes
  • no, but going to start

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to think I was crazy because I talk to myself a lot. But, after reading this article, I could see that it's actually good.
    It helps me to organize my ideas and things seem so much easier when I do it.

What Guys Said 28

• I talk to myself more than I should. I do a lot of thinking and when I'm alone I just say the thoughts out loud instead 😅

When there is people around I just talk internally inside my head. So if I start cracking up or laughing a seemingly no reason, I probably just told myself a really bad joke in my head and found it funny.
    When there is no one around, I will talk to myself. It could be something like making a checklist of what I need to do for the day, or it could be criticizing someone in a horror movie calling them an idiot for not looking to the left. It could be calling myself stupid for crushing on someone like an idiot or working out problems. I can be shy sometimes around people, but my filter comes completely off when I'm alone. I also make a lot of stupid jokes when I'm alone-- with people around I filter my jokes to make sure I only say ones I'm proud of lol

• All the time, but don't we all?

• Yes I do all the time. To the point to where my coworkers think I am talking to them.

• Yes. I'm more fun to talk to than most people are. I even argue with myself sometimes. Or tell myself jokes and laugh at them.

• I am always doing it.

• No I dont
    ,,,,,,,,,,

• I've been given a lot of hard times from people who have caught me talking to myself. They all think its a sign of mental illness, despite me explaining to no avail that I am 100 percent aware that I am only talking to myself, and I am doing it to psyche myself up for things and/or reorganize certain thoughts in my head.

• you mean literally saying out the words loud? i mean i guess everybody talks to themselfes in their head in some ways.

• Yeah, i do talk to myself.. just glad i never answered myself back hahhaha

• It's more fun that way

• Sometimes.

• not usually but if after taking a big slam on a bike i'll general exclaim to myself the brutality of it all.

• I don't talk to myself like hey what's up nothing much hbu.

I talk to myself as in pre decision ask myself if I should do something before I do

• Sometimes I think there must be a crowded choral in me;otherwise how could it be possible they could listen me patient that for long years? o. O

• very often lol

• of course i do, sometimes i need an experts opiion

• I always do, it actually helps me organise my thoughts and work out problems

• of course not , that's ridiculous. I talk to my hand who is completely a different person

• It gives us the ability to think critically and be creative.

• Yeah I do. I act like characters I come up with. But it's just another way to work on my acting skills. Sounds kinda weird I know

• this seems like a fairly biased poll...

• I do it all the time. Like before I even answered this poll for example

• Well in my mind yes I do more often.. But taking to myself aloud? LOL no!

• When I need advice from an expert. Yes. Yes I do !

• All the time! I would go crazy otherwise

• but im not a genius im really crazy... i tall to my self all the time

• All of the time. Always have.

• Yep, all the time. It's more just to get my ideas and opinions out of my mind when i'm alone. I realize it's a little strange, so I don't as much as I used to.

What Girls Said 19

• Yeah, nobody else talks to me so I have to 😛 Gotta entertain myself somehow y'know ;)

• Nope that's what my cats are for.

• All the time! Sometimes, I'm the only person who will listen to me.

• I def know I'm not a genius but yes, I talk to myself ALL the time! I also sing to myself all the time too😊

• *looks at poll*

Whew, I don't feel crazy.

• Yep. People give me weird looks and some actually thought I'd an imaginary friend.
    In reality, it helps me solve problems- I have a debate with myself out loud and brainstorm for solutions.

• All the time

• All the time most every day.

• I'm doing that right now. XD So I mostly do it when i'm alone and thinking about something.

• Yeah, all the time

• Constantly. I think most people do.

• it when you start talking to other people when no ones around; then you have a problem.

• yes all the time!

• Sometimes I talk to myself and have a whole conversation.

• Yes I do but not out loud but I have a classmate that like talks by himself and when the teachers ask him to repeat he says he is talking to his pencil... pretty sure he is just teasing us but super funny

• Only in my mind. Never ever aloud.

• yes sometimes I do

• ALL THE TIME!

• Yes, all the time...