My mom made me buy Twilight instead of Mein Kampf. Do you think it was a good choice?

We went to a nearby city with my parents to visit some old lady. There was a bookstore right in front of her house. I had some money so I went there and found Mein Kampf. I bought it. When my mom saw it she thought it was too political and inappropiate for me she said I should change it. We went to the store again and I bought Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Do you think I should've kept Mein Kampf?

• It's better you bought Twilight
  • You should've kept Mein Kampf

Most Helpful Guy

• Mein Kampf is a long boring writing of circular nonsense written by a psychopath whose real intentions were masked by his own hand. People will tell you it is valuable and gives insight into the mind of a deranged but charismatic leader, when the reality is that you know already what you need to know. Don't waste your time on it, twilight will be a much faster read and equally valuable meaning its a better time investment.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, Mein Kampf is required reading in many history, politics and literature programs. That said, perhaps it is a bit early for you to be reading it. Try the library, maybe?

• I'm 14 right now, this happened 1-2 years ago

• Eh, Twilight is awful but at least it gets girls interested in reading. Mein Kampf may have been too much for you at the time - you can definitely try it now. There's no reason that you won't be able to understand the politics and why it was so horrific.

• I've read Anne Frank's diary too. I like books. I bought Sapiens 2 days ago.

What Guys Said 7

• lol don't buy "Mein Kampf" , you can read it for free online.
    And holy fuck Hitler is a horrible writer.

• I heard he had someone write it for him, he only was the thoughts behind it.

• I also don't recommend Twilight because that's also a waste of money if you're looking for decent books to read :P

• You might be a little young for Mein Kampf - Some books should be considered with a more maturer outlook - You could be impressionable at your age - Twilight is better.

• ""You could be impressionable at your age - Twilight is better.""

I've never heard anyone ever actually mean that without sarcasm, considering Twilight displays abuse and stalkery behavior as romance.

Quote: ""Edward is 109. Bella is 17. This is the definition of pedophilia, but in the story it’s okay for them to have this relationship because Edward LOOKS 17.""

The problem with Twilight is exactly that the audience is impressionable teens.

• Well in that case, Twilight is the Mein Kampf of romance and inter-gender relationships (although to be fair, I think 50 Shades is worse in that regard; but Twilight is already pretty bad. 50 Shades was originally written as Twilight fanfiction)

But yeah, I guess Mein Kampf is worse.

• Uh, I don't think I'll either become a Nazi by reading Hitler's book (I'm not exactly white myself and I also have Anne Frank's) or stalk people around by reading Twilight. This Twilight vs. Mein Kampf thing happened 2-3 years ago and I'm 14 now.

• Honestly, you should have bought a *good* book.

Twilight is pretty bad. It's not appropriate for anyone with taste.

Not sure about Mein Kampf, but maybe that's not appropriate for you yet.

• Maybe not back then, but now I've seen worse.

• Mein Kampf is less destructive to your brain. The Twilight book will turn you into a whiny emo kid.

• Nobody really cares about crazy Hitler's struggle so yeah I would actually say even twilight is a better choice. ...

• I'm not sure but perhaps Mein Kampf might be interestng to take a look at - I'd just read it online though. Twilight is certainly not a good choice in my view. It's a book about a deranged love triangle pitched at prepubescent girls - if bestiality, necrophilia and pedophilia float your boat though I guess it's what you're after.

Was Twilight your choice? (Or is it the type of thing your mother thinks you should read?)

• Both are pretty bad, lesser of two evils though would be Twilight

What Girls Said 6

• Mein Kampf is all about the history of Hitler planning WW2, it would be awesome and so educating to read. Twilight is about a glittery vampire liking a human girl while a werewolf also likes her. Not educating at all.

• you should've kept your money and just check out those books at your local library
    both are horribly written

• Hilarious lol

Shoulda bought neither and went with an actual good book.

• It even said in the bible to never touch twilight so bad choice.

• Where? Where in the bible does it say to not touch a book, that didn't get written till at least 2000 years later, where?

• Clearly you never heard of sarcasm.

• I've never read neither, so I can't tell you. Read Twilight and see if you enjoy it :)

• not a good choice.