Is this quotes true or false, the opposite of love is not hate, its apathy?

Most Helpful Girl

• True. On a one to one basis, like relationships. If you hate, it's because they hurt you.
    False on a moral basis, like it's completely fine to hate a rabid dictator.

• I think apathy is not that bad because they are not doing anything bad or good so its kind of neutral. Here as ifyou hate them, you might do something bad to hem.

• Apathy is not caring at all. Basically they may as well not exist and you go about your life with no thought of them ever.
      Hate doesn't mean you'll do something bad to them unless you're weak or immature and can't control yourself or take responsibility for your own actions. Hate generally amounts to wasting your time thinking about them. Apathy is 100x better :)

• Exactly, so apathy is the choice. You dont agree but you also dont disagree, you just dont care. It Means nothing to them and they move on with their life.

What Girls Said 2

• My English teacher said that too arguing that if you don't love someone, then you just don't care about them anymore, but if you hate them, this means that you still have some unconscious feelings for them to make you care and hate them, but I guess a linguist will be able to answer this better than a language teacher. For me, I think they are a spectrum of gradable antonyms: Love apathy Hate.

• nah it's still hate
    apathy seems to go better with sympathy

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say passion is the opposite of apathy. But love is passionate of course

• No the opposite of love is hate since they are both intense emotions.
    Apathy is not giving a fuck

• No. Love and hate are opposite, and apathy is like the center of the spokes of a wheel.